10.12.2007

Wow...

Let me begin by saying that BossMan has two business partners, one who has the other half of our floor and his assistant is an ass (she once told OfficeManager that Hottie looks at her funny - funny as in she thinks he wants her, sooo not the case), the other is MadameBigShot and her assistant is new. Well she started about a month ago and Office Manager says to me "Maybe I should wait to enroll her in the healthcare cause I dont think she's gonna last..." Madame Big Shots last assistant lasted about 3 months. The new one is nice but I'm not so sure about her - lets call her Bambi (I dont know why it just popped into my head)

Wednesday, was the day after both of our Bosses came back from overseas and I fully expected to be at work til about 8:30. Madame Big Shot actually has an office across the street from ours so thats where Bambi works. Its like maybe 6:15 and Bambi calls, "Hey Trouble, Madame BS asked if I could stay late today to go over the things that she missed when she was away, but I've been waiting here for like 15 minutes! Do you think I should just go and leave her a note?" Uh hell no, not if you wanna still have a job tomorrow plus you get off at 6 calm the fuck down. I might have actually said something like, "No, I wouldn't leave. She's still here, their meeting just finished up and I think shes on her way over." Then she's like "Well, do you know how long shes going to ask me to stay tonight?" Nope sorry left my crystal ball in my other handbag. "I have no idea but last night I was here with BossMan til about 8:45." I said this thinking it will stop her from complaining but nope, she goes on for about as long as it takes Madame BS to get across the street...

So today, I'm covering the phones for the Recept (see I didnt call her crapcakes! I really am trying to be nicer) and I get a call from Bambi, she needs to speak to JohnHolmes, so I put her on hold. Right before that AssHat called to talk to NewGuy so he was on hold too. John Holmes says, "Bambi's not there Trouble." Ok, I dont think I hung up on her but I say sorry and give him the number she called from (we have caller id.) So he calls her and I think end of story (you guys no better I'm sure.) Two minutes later, Bambi calls me back in full on freak out mode. "Oh my Gosh! When I called before you put me on hold and someone picked up and I thought it was JohnHolmes so I told him what I had to say and he was like ok why are you calling me and I was like cause you called me before and asked me to get back to you but he didn't know what I was talking about and he was like ok and I was like ok and I hung up and then JP was like JohnHolmes is on hold for you and I was like ohmygosh I was just speaking to him and JP was like you couldn't have and do you think the phone transfered me to like someother place?" (and she said it really really fast and I swear she didn't take a breath the whole time and Ohmygosh are you a we todd?!?) So I calmed her down and explained that phones dont just transfer people to other phone numbers so it had to be someone in the office. Then I asked NewGuy if he picked up the wrong line and he's like, "Ohmygosh! I checked the first park (park is where you put people on hold) and Asshat wasn't there so I picked up the second park and was like Asshat and some girl was on the phone and she was like no then proceeds to tell me some shit and I'm like ok so why are you telling me and shes like because you called me and asked me to get back to you so I am and I'm like Ohhhhhkay and shes like Ohhhhkay and then I'm like bye it was totally weird." And now I'm like Ohhhhhkay and me and JohnHolmes bonded by laughing at the We Todds.

I dont know about anyone else, but I was taught that you identify yourself when you answer the phone. A simple "Hi this is Bambi" or "Good Afternoon this is NewGuy" and the whole shenanigan could have been avoided!

4 comments:

af said...

bambi sound annoyong as hell haha. i know right? u say "hello, this is afro, in such and such locale, hwo my i direct ur call"? or some shih like that haha

Danae said...

V shovld prolly smack Bambi, cavse she does sovnd annoying as all hell

NaimaEfuru said...

its sad cuase at first i was happy she was there, somebody else my age and she dresses nice, but shes turning out to be a disappointment

Amazon said...

Yeah especially if he said "Asshat?" and she said no and proceeded on with the conversation-must be a we todd.