10.04.2007

BossMan

I want to clear something up about BossMan. Hautechick was talking to a friend (Hey M!) who said that she thought I hated my boss. That's not true. I can't stand the man sometimes, just as I'm sure that I get on his last nerve (sometimes intentionally), but for the most part I'm glad that I work for him. As much as I bitch and moan about him on here, I really do admire the man. He's one of the most intelligent people that I have ever met and I'm blessed to be in the position that I'm in. Which is around some of the best minds in the industry. My short attention span is put to the best use with him, cause on any given day I can go from making travel arrangements, researching anything and everything from custom pool tables to how many schools there are in a certain neighborhood, to running outside for a trade newspaper or a specialty latte for a visiting bigwig. He basically gives me access to everything that comes across his desk, which means I'm learning everything he knows. I pick his brain about everything from his latest projects to something that I saw on the news that I was wondering about. He doesn't mind when I run into his office to see the full moon (last cycle it was red!) out of the huge windows in his office (and no he's not looking at my ass, I can see his reflection in the window and he usually ignores me unless he needs a "study break", then he'll ask what I'm doing) Or when I get the project managers involve in some silly activity (like trying to take pictures of the saggy ass on the accountants leggings - we couldn't get the shot otherwise I would have sooooo posted it) He doesn't even yell anymore when I spill stuff on his keyboard (seven years 4 keyboards!) So when I roll my eyes at him, I'm rolling them with the utmost respect damn it!

Oh and one of the good things about being his assistant is that I don't have to do shit for the rest of the people in the office if I don't want to! And I do like some of the people that I work with like Hottie, Giraffe, Frenchie, Bronxy (he's a 50ish Irish guy from the Bronx who was basically raised by his best friends Puerto Rican mother, coo as shit), and sometimes the new guy (who surprised the hell outta me by telling me how he really doesn't like the new Jay-Z song and that its garbage compared to the what he says he's bringing back - little balding 32 year old Jewish dude) and OfficeManager buys me lunch sometimes so whats not to like about that. Well maybe the part where she and I didn't speak for like 2 years and she tried to get me to quit...

3 comments:

Srenna|Anners said...

Ah, yes. I figured you had respect for your boss and vice versa. Anners can read between the lines, bytches!!!! I'm not really sober, ok?

The only ones I get the feeling you can't stand are John Holmes and Crapcakes/Jackassarina! And that lame ass driver. If I get to New York (the boyf says he'll take me), I'm going to punch a hole in her stank face!

Your job is straight out of a Jackie Collins book! I love that.

Still, call in syck tomorrow!

Sorry, trovbs. I am pretty sure this makes no sense.

NaimaEfuru said...

i heart drunken rants!

Danae said...

I knew you had the respect for him. It's the same with my fav sergeant. I bitch about him, most of the time to his face, but I would follow him anywhere. When he puts on LT, I'm moving to his shift. I already told him that. He's the only sup (not to get so dramatic here) I would take a bullet for, and he knows that