10.10.2007

Not Bloody Diamonds

One thing that I regret is that I haven't traveled too much within the US. There's alot that I would like to see, including the huge ass Mall of America (I dont know if that would be a shoppers paradise or worse nightmare. I can see myself running around screaming, "Not enough time!" and missing my flight home because of a sale. or worse yet not being able to get everything I buy on the plane)

But did you know about this? A working diamond mine thats open to the public!? (its a state park in fact) And you can keep what you find? I mean it appeals to me on soooo many levels, many of them sparkling. And did you know that one of the most perfect (I'm talking practically flawless people and cut down to over a carat) diamonds in the world was found there in 1990? This year alone 2 over 2 carat diamonds have been found, one by a 13 year old. And in 1997 a 6.72 carat brown diamond was found and in 1998 a 7.28 carat yellow diamond...

6 comments:

PrettyBlack said...

Yeah I've heard of that park on the travel channel (I think) there is this show called cash n carry(?) they tell you the weirdest places to find treasures.

Hell Trouble you live in a treasure trove....She had this one show where they were going to backyards in New York, places like the Bronx and finding old old bottles, back when the states were first colonized people just used to dig holes and throw their old bottles and shit down there.

Now the bottles are worth 3, 4, 500 dollars. You might wanna get a shovel and start digging!

NaimaEfuru said...

Oh shit Pretty Black! I have what is turning out to be a sinkhole in my yard (which is actually the empty lot that was next to my house and my mom turned into her own paradise) I'm about to jump down there and see what I can find

af said...

trubs u always giv the best info/links ^_^!

that place sounds incredible! u keep wuh u find, how coo is that

ive traveled jus a bit, buh trubs u liv in ny! walk down one street ur in italy, walk down the next ur in korea, walk down another and ur in jamaica. u know how many people wude kill to liv in ny? (personally id visit buh really wudent wanna liv there people seem a bit hard/mean/jaded...)

NaimaEfuru said...

I know Afro and it is definately cool living in NY but I want to see things too, like the Hoover Dam and Mount Rushmore, the giant redwoods, the grand canyon. I think alot of people in NY think its the greatest city in the world so they never bother to see anything beyond it. I dont want to become one of those jaded NYers

Amazon said...

I just wish I could see the real NY. I've never been and I would love to spend like a month there just learning and watching.

Oh and get in that hole and start digging woman!

af said...

shay ive nvr been to ny either, maybe i shude plan a trip, buh i mostly wanna travel outside of the u.s. like mexico,spain,dom. rep. germany. buh alas afro is a strugglin kollege kid...