10.15.2007

Where did the day go?

Well I spent a mayjah part of it babysitting Bambi. How many times do I have to say that stoopid is not cute! And sorry I'm strictly dickly sweetie so batting your lashes at me won't get you shit but breezy eyeballs.

Chickadee musta been watching out the window to see when I got to work, cause no sooner did I walk in my office and drop my bag than she's calling me. (My most annoying mistake is that I gave her my direct dial number.) "Hey Trouble, is Madame Big Shot in that meeting with BossMan?" Of course she is, she's there every Monday as well you know. "Is the door closed?" I smell somebody about to ask me to do something I probably won't want to! "Why Bambi?" "Oh well cause I tried to call her cell and send her an email but she's not answering me, would you mind asking her to come out and call me?" Heck yeah I would mind cause Madame Big Shot is not above telling people off in the middle of meetings and her not answering the phone is a sure sign in my mind that she doesn't want to be disturb. So I tell Bambi that the door is open but I dont think they want to be disturbed. And as the more experienced admin asst. I give her a little hint. If the boss doesn't answer the phone, then just leave a message. The last thing you want to do is annoy your boss, your supposed to keep annoyances AWAY from your boss. If its urgent send an email marked urgent (they are all mobile) because the are more likely to look at an email than listen to a voicemail (BossMan is anyway.)

So 15 minutes later, here's Bambi! By this point Madame Big Shot had stepped out of the meeting so I told her that her ass(t) was looking for her. She says thanks and heads right back in, which tells me that whatever Bambi is pitching a fit over can't be that serious. And the fact that she heads right into my office instead of into the conference room just reaffirms that for me. "Hey Trouble, if you need to get BossMan out of a meeting, what do you do?" Huh? Is this a joke and she's about to tell me the punchline cause I just walk to the door, knock on something and say "Excuse Me BossMan".

Now let me tell you a little something about me. I have absolutely no problem admitting that I dont know something or dont understand something. "I dont understand" is probably my most used sentence, especially with BossMan. I dont like for there to be any misunderstandings between us, specially since on occasion he starts speaking in another language and doesn't realize it. Its alot easier to ask questions before hand than to have to redo something cause its not what he wanted. Its not that I'm dumb, far from it, but if someone wants to think that I rarely go out of my way to correct the misconception. By the time the person has figured out that I'm a cute and smart, I've already screwed them all kinds of way.

So Bambi is looking at me like I'm the dumb one cause I told her "I don't understand what your asking." I mean I really didn't think that she could be asking me what the proper way is to interrupt your boss? Raised my mannerless boobs much? Same thing that I noticed about her last week. Don't people parents teach them how to answer a phone, or how to get someones attention with out being rude?

And who the hell appointed me the manners tutor, dont they know I'm fucking rude unless I like you?! I spent about 30 minutes describing to Bambi how she can enter the meeting and get her bosses attention without interrupting. And of course I had to say things like, "make sure shes not speaking or waiting for someone to answer her questions." and Bambi's like "why?" and I wanted to say nevermind forget I said that and get the little twit screamed on. She then spent the next 5 minutes outside the door preparing to stick her head in. You would have thought it was brain surgery.

No comments: