10.17.2007

Hurry Blooger is shutting down at 7!

yes I said blooger on purpose, like booger. Anywho, the root canal wasn't so bad. I'm just really sleepy and my jaw is a little sore (from holding it open for so long). But my dentist rocks - he's got really small strong hands and gives out the bestest drugs - so I didn't feel a thing. Even after the lydacaine (sp? that shit that makes you numb) wore off all that I really felt was the stiff jaw and the shredded lip (I somehow managed to mangle my lip on the way home even though the dental assistant told me "be careful you dont bite your lip!")

But my dentist is about 45 minutes away from my house and about an hour away from my job. So while I can take the train from work straight to the dentist, the easiest way to get home is to take the bus. It stop by my dentist is actually the last stop on that line, and it drops me off 4 doors away from my house which is cool. Or would be if I didn't hate the bus. And this bus is always crowded cause it runs all the damn way through Brooklyn. But I get on at the first stop so I always get a good seat. Except this time cause when I left the dentist I saw the bus pulling away from the stop. It has to make this elaborate turn to get back on route so I hustled my skinny ass and beat it to the next stop. But I end up sitting in the front and I'm a middle of the bus kinda woman. (I dont know what that means, still a lil loopy) So I'm in one of the single seats that faces forward and the bus is getting crowded. Question: How is it that West Indian woman are able to find 30 different patterns that will all be the same exact colors?

So I'm sitting there, on the phone with Mommy, and this older West Indian woman is like "Oh baby can I just put my bags right here by you?" Nother Question: Why is it that when guys I'm seeing call me something like Babygirl I giggle and when women call me something like that I bristle? Of course you know she didn't wait for an answer and proceeded to reach past 2 other people that were standing closer to me and drop her bags on my feet. ON MY FEET! So I kicked them off and said as sweetly as possible (while on of her apples rolls outta the bag and around the bus, cause I kicked her shit. That's right I kicked it!) "Ok, but how about you put them by my feet, not on my feet." Mommy starts cracking up and so does the woman sitting behind me. But I wasn't trying to be funny...

4 comments:

Amazon said...

Miss Fuckin Manners is right!

I do the same thing. Let it be a man to call my babygirl, or ma [you don't hear ma as often in the south] or somethin sweet, I'm melted like butta. But let a chick say it and I side eye the hoe all day long. Weird.

af said...

ur tags kill me haha!!

make sure u dont get a dry socket in ur tooth...wuhs ur tooth infected or something?


haha blks/hispanics and caribenos are always funny as hell on the bus...i wish my city had a bigger jamaican population....

Danae said...

Ooo, dry socket. NOT fun. That happened to me a few years back.

And, your tags kill me as well

NaimaEfuru said...

I had a bad ass cavity a while back and the tooth got infected ergo the root canal...