10.25.2007

Everything Happens for A Reason

Remember the coat that I found last week? The one that was under $60? Welllllllll, there was a glitch in the matrix and overstock never processed the order. They sent me a nice email telling me they were sorry and to please give them a call and they would make sure that I got everything that I ordered (I didn't tell you guys or Mommy but I also ordered a rose gold chain and a ring) But then I thought about it and decided that I don't really want the coat.

Sure its cute, but I'm not crazy about it. It doesn't inspire retail lust like the patent leather trench coat that I saw on polyvore, so I didn't reorder it. I'm gonna wait until I find the coat that I really love. And its not like I'm at all lacking in the clothing department. I have entirely toooo many clothes, shoes, accessories, etc.

I was watching Tim Gunn's Guide to Style this weekend and he has a list of 10 essential things that a woman needs. I meant to write them down but I got distracted by something shiny as usual. But the point is that I have like 5 different options for each of the 10 essential items! And I also realized that I really dont have a signature style. Even my shirt and wrap dresses are all over the place. From funky retro, to short and sexy, to classic, to bohemian. Monday I was super classic in that tawny shirt dress from the Gap and a pair of Kors heels (they look like high heeled boat shoes). Tuesday I was kinda retro glam in my offwhite with black trim ruffled blouse, pencil skirt and high heeled saddle shoes. Wednesday was a bit of a blur, but I think i had on some greyish tan pants, but cant remember what shirt I wore for the life of me. It was just yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I did the damn thing, damn sleep deprivation! And today I have on my funky DVF shirtdress with my patent leather boots (I decided to keep them obviously) Tomorrow I'm wearing all black cause I look good in it and its easy to match...

*sorry guys - the post seem to have a life of their own these days, starting one place and finishing someplace else entirely. Bear with me please. Oh, and I didn't reorder the coat, I figured it was a sign, but I did reorder the rose gold chain. Do you know how hard it is to find rose gold? and it looks hella good against my skin tone...

1 comment:

af said...

u needs to donate some of ur older clothes why shude u be the only fashion goddess in ny? haha

im int he market for a good winter coat, i had this one last yr, buh ive lost weight so it's not fitting, maybe ill go on poly for some ideas...