10.13.2007

Damn You Off Fifth!

Off Fifth is Saks Fifth Avenue's outlet store in case you didn't know. They have the most ridiculous sales, where you buy one thing and get something else for 50% off. This weekend the Westbury store was having a sale on shoes, boots and handbags. I found a pair of boots. Patent leather Coach...



What do you think?

Nordstrom's The Rack was also having a sale, 15% off of all non Clearance merchandise. I got a Diane von Furstenberg silk shirt dress for $80. Mommy was absolutely no help in curbbing my spending. "Well, they are real patent leather Troubsy, and they fit your skinny ass leg. You've got 30 days to return them..." " Ooooo, thats going to look really nice on you and its so well made." I got her a pair of Swavorski (sp? ) earrings from Off Fifth.

Then we went to Macy's in Roosevelt Field Mall. Would you believe that they don't sell BCBG or French Connection at that store? Well actually they were missing alot of the brands that I go to for work clothes. I wondered around the woman's comtemporary floor for like 30 minutes and didn't see a damn thing comtemporary. Mommy of course loves that Macy's. It's either clothes for women Mommy's age or clothes for teengers. I did see a couple of cute wool jackets but nothing that I wanted to buy.

So since I was in the mall I went to the BCBG store (if youre thinking thats why they dont have BCBG in Macy's, Mommy would agree with you, but I still say thats stoopid specially since the BCBG is small) I walk in and there are like 5 sales women for this one tiny assed store and they are all standing at the register yukkin it up, loudly. So I'm there for like 10 minutes. I'm turning pants inside out (checking for fabric content and to see the stiching), I'm checking to see if shit has a lining, how the embellishments are attached. I'm bascially being my mothers daughter (she sews and will stand in the middle of a store and tell you exactly what they did wrong or right with a garment, if she can't find anything wrong, you'd besta buy it) plus I'm a little off put that none of these retail bitches are even acknowledging my presence so I'm making a little bit of a mess as well. I can admit that I look a little young, but I dont know many teenagers that are checking out career spearates in BCBG. And its not like I'm in sweats or something. I had on my off white BGBG short sleeve sweater, J Brand Doll Jeans, some tan suede Kors lace up wedge booties, carrying my Botiker bag and rocking my banging Coach shades. Granted you wouldn't know to look at me who made any of the stuff that I had on, except for maybe the sunglasses, but I was polished.

Then here comes Mommy, and she picks up right away on whats going down. All of a sudden 2 sales bitches are jumping through hoops to ask Mommy if she needs some help. "Well, first off I dont wear this stuff, and I'm not the one with the money, my daughter is. You know the nicely dressed young lady whos been in your store for about 15 minutes. I may not be the one with the money, but I sure as hell can stop her from spending it, come on Troub lets get out of here." Not that I was gonna give any of them my chippers but still Mommy rocks. Just don't call her heat increases hot flashes, she'll go off on you. I learned that about 20 minutes later in the car when I tried to turn off the air conditioner (it was like 50 degrees outside!)

11 comments:

Srenna|Anners said...

Anners is lost!

NaimaEfuru said...

that was a boo boo! I hit enter when I meant to hit tab so it posted the title without the beef!

af said...

ohh so ur mum has a car?

i wude luv to go shopping on the weekends @ the malls/stripmalls/outlet stores, buh alas my work schedeule doesnt permit...

i luv the heal on those books, and i luv ur plaid pants hehe

ur mum sure did tell that girl off didnt she? haha!

and great tip to chek out the stitching and fabric on clothing.

NaimaEfuru said...

yeah mommy drives, but she only drives stick and I'm too easily distracted for that shit. I mean I can do it but there is just too much going on on NYC roads for me to be completely comfie driving a stick here. You put her in an auto and shes a bit of a mess.

she'll always be like"Ugh thats 47% polyester dont get it. Poly traps oders and it gets shiny." Shes such a fabric snob!

I actually have a pair of burgandy over the knee boots with that same heel, I love it cause its extremely comfie

And those are my Pink pj pants! I love them too!

af said...

i hav some plaid pants similar to those that i got from AE.

ive herd ny streets can be hard on a car...

u must hav alot of extra money to be going shopping haha!

NaimaEfuru said...

shopping is a line item in my budget! I know me so I make sure that I always have something to spend on a splurge or two. The boots were a mayjah splurge so that will probably be all the shopping that I do for the month.

Danae said...

Le sigh. I want those boots.

I have always wanted to go to Saks Fifth! Hell, and now that I know about Off Fifth, I wanna go there too

Srenna|Anners said...

Those boots are sessy!

Ha ha about my 1st comment. I just saw the title.

Laters!

Amazon said...

Those boots are beautifullllll. But I wish the heel were a bit taller.

I ♥ your Mother of Snark.

PrettyBlack said...

The boots are the fiyah! Women never take shoes back...Unless they are too small, too big, or have corn potential...

Anonymous said...

Shopping in NY sounds good.

I hate the shop assistants that jump all over u, it makes me feel pressured to buy stuff (and I have no money).Ah, I wish I was more balsy and less of a shy doormat.