10.24.2007

Insomniac...

...I come back!

I'm feelin a little strange. I haven't really been able to sleep. I have a million and one natural and man made remedies, but by the time I realize "Hey, shouldn't I be sleeping?" its usually too late to take something. So I've been getting by on about 4 hours sleep a night for about the last two weeks and spending most of the day on the weekend in bed. Which got me to thinking that I really want to do my bedroom over. I love the colors that I painted it a couple of years ago but I want some furniture, nothing to big but I want to make it really comfortable so even if I can't sleep I'll feel relaxed. If I can just finish the bedroom, I can move on to the living room...

So last night I was upstairs watching tv with Mommy and as usual, I stated getting sleepy so I headed downstairs. But then I remembered that I wanted to start clearing off the futon in the living room so that I can get rid of it. Its pretty much a dumping ground right now since I dont use the living room. I started putting stuff on it, like the handbags I wasn't using, to keep Duke from jumping up there. But then a couple of handbags turned into a couple of jackets and some cardiagans, and my heels that I carry to work (bad back, plus sneakers are better for running from rats. and I thought that rats and mice aren't supposed to cohabitate? cause there sure as hell was a mouse in the train station today) So I decided to put all my Coach bags back into their sleepers and into a big container. When I finished I went into the kitchen and I dont know what I was doing (it couldn't have been washing dishes, cause I hate washing dishes) but I noticed that the sink was dirty, so I cleaned it. Then I remembered that I got some new oils so I dipped some incense. And I had to pee, and I noticed the tub was dirty, so I cleaned it. Then I remembered that I went to Barnes and Nobles and got Laurell K. Hamilton's newest book, A Lick of Frost. It was really good, which is basically where I was today.

Welll, thats not really true. I read most of it last night and the rest today at work. Bossman didn't come into the office til like noon so I used the two hours to put a serious dent in the second half of the book. Then we were pretty busy, and I used the downtime to finish and start the book again. I finished it to fast and I liked it so I'm gonna read it again to see if I missed anything. Then I might go back and read the one that was before it again just to pull everything together.

Plus I'm still a little short on sleep so I'm not entirely sure that I didn't make some parts up. Oh and how could I forget the hellish knot that I had in my back all day (see previous reference to said bad back) I couldn't even raise my right arm to put on my itty bitty bra! By the time I got to work I was doing most shit lefty cause it hurt like heeeellllll. Even taking a deep breathe hurt. By like 2 the heat sticker thingy I put on it started loosening it up enough that I wasn't making faces anymore.

(Since I'm kinda lucid right now I figure I should just do one big ass mondo mega post while I can so bear with me, lets see what else comes out)

It is exactly one month til my 30th birthday. I'm not as excited as I usually get. What I would really like to do is get a private room at a nice restaurant and inviting everyone I love everything on me. Buuuuuuut, I know thats not gonna happen. I love too many flakes and complainers (me included!) I sure as hell dont want to go to a club. My dream birthday would be to rent a house in the Barbados and tell everybody to come on down! But I'm too much of a misanthrope to make that a reality. Maybe I'll go to Montana and learn to ride horses...

Speaking of my birthday, I always buy myself a gift. Usually its jewelery or a bag. So this year I started looking and I actually have a little more to play with this year and I can't find shit I want. When I do see something I like I inevitably end up thinking its overpriced, even when it still falls withing my budget.

And speaking of overpriced, have you ever heard of bag borrow or steal? Its this club that lets you borrow designer handbags and accessories by the week or month. They have all the big names and its like $80 a week to borrow a Chloe bag. But you pay a annual dues of some amount I can't remember. Go look that shit up if you're really interested. But in any case, what do you guys think about that? I mean on the one hand, I have a lot of handbags so I always feel guilty when I buy more, but I always do want to buy more! And this would let me have access to all the bags I dream about without the guilt. Right? On the other hand, I hate paying for shit that I'm not gonna own. And what if I love one of them and have to have it? Or what if I love them all and don't want to give it back? And what if they send me one and I think its in bad condition? (I do remember that they have insurance, but I'm saying can I say "Oh this one has a discoloration send me a fresher one please?" if I'm not happy with what they send me?

I asked Hautechick last week before I decided that she was a jerk (she sent me an email saying that she just wanted to know if I was ok since she hadn't heard from me, Uh, thats cause you left me hanging jerkorella) and she said that she didn't like the idea of it cause then you have all of these women rocking bags that they couldn't really afford otherwise and not doing them justice. I can afford them, I just think its stoopid to pay that much for a bag. Unless its Coach, or on sale I can't resist when something is marked down. Thats how I got my Botkier Bombay bag, which I don't carry nearly enough. Thats a great bag. Real bad ass.

I think my favorite songs on The Reminder are The Water, Intuition and Sea Lion Woman. Ok, I think thats all I got for tonight, gonna go finish rereading the book.

3 comments:

af said...

ur last tag says it all: WTF are u doing up this late!?

maybe it's a woman thing buh if i think the sink is dirty, or a book i wanna read, i say fuk it, there's always tomorrow morning and i go to sleep. i mean think about it, thats wuh work is for, GOOFING OFF! haha

its too bad u cant get to sleep, i worry when u say that b/c i know i hate it when i cant get to sleep especially when i hav to work the nxt day....

well off to hw and shih,
and make sure u chek out "dd" over @ kollegeyears (something like a leggs diamond buh w/ testoterone) haha

Danae said...

Ha! Wow you were all over the place here. But, um I'm kinda like that this week. I start telling stories then go in all different directions and forget what the hell I was talking about in the first place.

Ooo, Montana. Cowboys. Yum.

Amazon said...

I hope that whatever you do decide to do for your bday that you have a grand ol time:) Getting out of the city might be nice for you.