10.26.2007

Lugo's

I was over on Lady Shay's site, and I'll admit, I've deen brinking a widdle bit. Couple la glasses of reisling. I think I fighta mound a wine i actually like. But anywho, I was reminded of the time I went to Lugos with Chautehick.
Lugo's is THE PLACE to go for hair in NYC. Weave hair, all kinds. Kinky straight, and every got dang thing in twebeen. At least frm what i understand. As some if yall now i got locks, and I havent pad a herm since like 97 or 98. Excuse me! Whooo! that shit has ahelluva kick on the return...

Anywhoo, Lugo's, Hautechick took me to Lugo's. That shit was scary. Seriously, I mean the one she took me to ont he Lower East Side (I refuse to call that shit the East Village, fuckin aphtoabett city is wha tthe fuck it is dam nit!) has blacked out windows like a strip club or a xrated video store or some shit. They gotta buzz you in then you sit in this waiting room. For rum season it reminded me of the waiting room for Steve Martin's charcter in Little Shop of Horrors. (Oh! Doc-tah!) Then Hautechick got called to the back, and they wouldn't let me go with her. They told me that I couldn't go in the back if i wasnt byuing hair. Which made me want to ask if the had some chicks tied up in the back waiting to have their hair cut off scared to death and crying for their mommy in some foreign language. Overactive imagination..

I sit down to wait for Hautechikc and this random hispanic woman starts talking to me about hair. "Have you been here before?" Uh, no - this was like maybe 3 years ago at the most, I still had dreads. "Yeah, me neither. I'm thiking of changing my look." Now I should ouint pout that this was a cute chick, and Lugo's kidnapped backroom hair don't come cheap. Sheeet, I'm pretty sure Hautechick still has that hair she bought in her safe at home. Right next to her marriage lisence to the Artist formerly known as Hobbles. She had some dry bleached out hair but she also had some add bass shoes, so I was I was willing to give her the denefit of the bout. That is until she said, "So do you know what type of I should get?" It got extreeeeemely quiet in the waiting room. Yes, there were other people there. So the only reason I can think of that she asked me, was cause I was the badest bitch in the joint. I dont know, seems plausible to me. But anyway I told her I didn't know shit about buying no hair, and shed best ta ask someone else for help. The waiting room bouncer (yup, I'm calling him a bouncer, dude was to cut to be called a receptionist) even chuckled then tried to cover it up with a cough when I gave him the "youaresonothelping" look.

Luckily Hautechikcc came out soom after. Then she paid for her afro hair and we bounced. The charge by the ounce or some shit. I thought that was strange. I made Hatuey take me to eat to make up for the trama of going to the secret underground hair buying store and dealing with clueless broads. Thinkin back on it, I don't think it was enough. Or maybe I'm jsut hooongry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Maybe u was a bit drunk when you typed this out!

Amazon said...

lol. I would love to see you as a wine junkie at work. I can imagine the stories we would hear (read).

Blah Blah Blah said...

...I am not sure that I could re-tell this story...but your drunk typing is HILARIOUS!

NaimaEfuru said...

Thank you! it was actually quite easy to pull off!

af said...

dont' drink and type trubs haha!!

damn were they scared someone was gonan rob the hair or some $$ or something!?

u think that spanish chik was bad? here in the south it's 10 times worse. people come up to u, and immedeatly start to tell u their entire life story...

and sometimes people ask questions like ur a friggin expert haha!!