10.04.2007

Not the Momma

I don't have any, but Trouble luvs the kids! I am queen of peek a boo - I can get even the fussiest toddler gigglin and all I need is my two hands and a smile (I told you I was great at kids parties!) And for some strange reason pre-adolescent boys adore me - well actually my love of cartoons, video games, and candy might have something to do with it. I'm still a little skittish around teenaged girls (flashback to the awkward years) but I'm working on that seeing as my God Daughter Monkey (she only gets mad if I call her that in public, but when she was a toddler she used to screech like a monkey for me!) will be 13 next March.

Ah, I remember when she was born, March of my senior year in high school. Her mom is my cousin and after I graduated from High School I watched her everyday while her mom was at work. I spent so much time with her that summer that alot of people thought she was mine. And when I went away to college, Mommy used to bring Monkey with her when she came to see me. Then when Monkey was 5, her mom got preggo again (second daddy but he and his fam have always treated Monkey like she was theirs - to the point that she lives with him these days not her worthless mother) and Monkey became Monkey Do. Her little bro was Monkey See at that point cause all he ever did was sleep so all we did was look at him - they switched nicknames when he turned 5 and turned into a little hellion with one hell of an arm and she decided she was too cute to be silly anymore. (I'm trying to learn her that cute and silly go hand in hand. And that dumbing down for your friends is not cute at all)

But she thinks she's grown. And she wants things like a skirt suits, two piece bathing suits, and high heels. And she knows all about Coach and Juicy Couture and shit. (ok so the Coach is partially my fault, but the butterfly nano case I got for her was only 12 bucks on ebay!) And last year she asked for a pair of Seven Jeans for her birthday. And my first response was "Hell No! Your not even going to be able to fit them in about a year and I'll be damned if I buy you some $130 jeans when I dont even pay full price for mine!" (That was before my $170 J Brand Doll Jeans - which I love and I'm an adult damn it!) But in my head I was thinking, well maybe if I come across a cheap pair in my shopping adventures. Then I wondered if she was talkinbout Seven Jeans or 7 for All Mankind jeans. And then I said does it really make a difference cause she's not getting them from me

But then her aunt called me asking me how much was I chipping in to get Monkey See the jeans. And I asked her if she was out of her got damned mind. I have a theory about buying stuff for kiddies. Quality is important. Now I have some 7 jeans and I never paid full price for them. Why not? Cause I dont think they are worth it. They split at the seams and the denim is on the thin side. I had a pair of Levi 501s for about 10 years before I got a wear hole in the knee, my 7s I got a hole in the ass after a year (by the pocket, what the fuck?) I have no problem buying the Monkeys stuff from Gap cause I once got Monkey See a fleece there when she was a baby and it lasted long enough for Monkey Do to wear it too. Same goes for a Polo Ralph Lauren sweatshirt that I found on sale at Century 21 (if you dont know what this is, boy are you missing out - sorry bitches they are only in NY and NJ!) I've found Old Navy is good for basics, tshirts undies and the like, but the clothes aren't as tough as at the Gap. And H&M stuff is only if they want something trendy cause it sooo doesn't last.

Recently I got this catalog
And I love how the stuff is sooo classic. I also like how they have sister dresses (Mommy used to make Hautey and I sister dresses!) and how the older sister stuff is not too grown. The prices are HIGH, but it looks like quality. If I had two girls I might considered buying a dress or two from them, specially since I would be able to hand them down. I'm considering getting Monkey See a coat from there cause I am so sick and tired of seeing her dressed up wearing a bubble coat!

2 comments:

Danae said...

You said Not the Momma!!!! Hahahahaha That totes made me giggle.

"But then her aunt called me asking me how much was I chipping in to get Monkey See the jeans. And I asked her if she was out of her got damned mind"

ahahahahahahahahha

af said...

good on u for not buying her those jeans.

dont rub it in our damn faces that we dont liv in ny haha!
i hate old navy! there shih is cheap and flimsy to me. i used to go there like 2wce a month w/ my frins when i was yunger, buh that shih was cheap quality/overpriced...

i do like gap/AE b/c alot of their shih is unisex. plus i luvs the tote bags...

i hav this pair of raplh lauren jeans that i paid like $100 for, and they fit PERFECTLY!! i cant wait til i'm 6'' even so i can wear length 32 pants w/o them being baggy haha

maybe ill go shopping while on fall break...nah saving for the car, must resist!