9.30.2007

Tattoo update

No, I didn't get a tattoo this weekend. But I did see my play cousin Bobby who did. You see Bobby was practically raised in my real cousins house. He, my cousin "Baba", is my father's older sister's son, and his kids are my age. After he had two kids, he married Fay, who already had a daughter, my favorite cousin T. Well T is my favorite adult female cousin, but that is another story. So Bobby grew up with T and my two cousins who I don't really speak to or about because they aren't worth it. Bobby and T ended up being really close friends as adults, and even though I can't always tolerate Bobby, we hang out from time to time too. She's passive aggressive and that shit irks the hell outta me.

Back to the story (have you notice that I have a bit of a problem staying on topic?) today, September 30th, is T's birthday. Happy Birthday T!!! Mmmmmmmmwaaaaaah! I always forget the date, and usually her sisters forget to tell me if they plan something for her, but she always makes sure that I'm at whatever celebration she has for herself. No matter what, she always plans a little activity where she invites all the people that she wants to see for her birthday. The group of people sometimes changes from year to year, but the core remains the same. Today we went bowling - I actually bowled a 119 game, which isn't so great unless you take in to account that the last time I went bowling was 2 years ago on T's birthday. She loves bowling like I love roller and ice skating.

T and Bobby pick me up and when we get to the bowling alley I notice a big red circle peaking out of Bobby's v-neck t-shirt. I've known her just about all my life so I pull her shirt to the side and look in. She's got a new tattoo, a lady kneeling on an apple. It's actually pretty good, detailed work. But I don't think that I would have tattooed a woman on my chest. She's not gay or bi, although there have been some rumors. And another thing. Bobby is a broad woman -I think I may have called her Gutz in a previous post -and while the tat fits over her heart and a little up on her chest, I can't help but realize that it would cover my whole damned chest! I mean I'm not the biggest broad by far, but on me that thing would be from my clavicle to my nipple and cover just about one half of my chest. I have a tat but its on my back, above the small so it is very easy to hide if necessary. And I want more, but they will all probably be in places that I can hide or reveal them with ease. I also have no problem with the heavily tattooed. I would actually love to get a full sleeve or something all over my back but I doubt I will go that far because of the industry that I work in. But if your field is artistic I say go for it if thats what you want. I guess I just think that its a bit much on her because none of her tattoos have a real meaning and there no real theme to the assortment. There's Garfield giving the finger on her right calf. A bunch of badly colored flowers on her left calf (these were done at a tattoo party that she had at her house, no one was happy with the tats they got done that day, big suprise there huh?) The ginormous rose and thorns on her lower and mid back. The featureless (not intentionally) fairy on her right shoulder and something I can't recall on her left. Oh, and she's got Daddy's Girl on one of her thighs and Puddin (though I've never heard anyone call her that) on the other.

Me on the other hand, I've been researching tattoo artist and studios and looking at designs for almost a year. One guy I'm thinking about letting ink me has a year waiting list. And alot of the designs aren't available in most shops. I want something special and beautiful. (I was mostly kidding about getting a crown on my ass)

*ps - blogger and mac aren't getting along today so I couldn't spell check this, excuse the typos TypHos.

5 comments:

Srenna|Anners said...

oh, goodie. I was fearful about the ass crown!

Anonymous said...

I'm fearful about tattoos in general. I can't stand needles.

Danae said...

I have one tat, but want more. I just don't like pain too much. Anyways, go for the ass crown!!!!!

NaimaEfuru said...

thats the weird thing, I hate needles, but only if I can see them. I had no problem getting the tat on my back done, even went by myself, but let the doctor ask to draw blood and I freak the fuck out!

Amazon said...

With tattoos all you have to do is breath. Seriously, people start thinking about the pain and needles and their breathing isn't regular, but if you keep it steady you will survive. I have 3 tattoos all of which I came up with- please do not get one from the wall. I would love sleeves, and I hope that I will have my back done one day.