9.24.2007

In A Little Cabin...

Last night was weird. I did two post, which I almost never do on the weekend, then I went downstairs at around midnight with every intention of going to sleep. No such luck. It was around 2 am when I decided that my toenails were too long and I had to cut them. It was 3 am when I realized, I needed to change my sheets. It was 4:30 when I realized that I cant go to sleep in my clean sheets unless I'm clean too, so I took a shower. I'm doing my best impressions of Alicia, and Chrisette, and Amy. I'm practicing booty poppin in the mirror (I once saw this video with a stripper who could pop each of her ass cheeks individually. How does one discover that they can do such a thing? Practice apparently cause I can pop the left one - I'm still working on the right side) and I realize that I've got to go to work in the morning. So I put on my favorite sleep shirt and get in the bed, put on some slow music, burn a stick of Sweet Dreams and I'm wide a-fucking wake. So I turn off the music and start singing.

Singing has always been a bit of a security blanket for me. When I was little I used to walk around singing little songs that I made up. Hautey on occasion could be convinced to collaborate and together we penned the hits "He Didn't Even Say Goodbye" (for our craptastic older half brother" and "Boobydon" (for our Daddy!) When I was 9, Mommy decided to send Hautey and I to sleep away camp for the first time. I hated it! HATED IT! First off, there were no boys, and even 9 year old Trouble knew nothing good could come of a place with no boys. Then there was the fact that it was all girls. Plus the separated me from Hautey and my cousins who were also there that year. AND they used to make us get up at the ass crack of Dawn to tramp through the woods and pray. Like 4 times a week. They called it a Lutheran Girls Camp, I called it a training ground for cultist lesbians. I hated it!

My first day I got into a fight with the only other brown girl in the cabin. She was mixed and thought it would be fun to point out to the other people in the cabin that I didn't wash my hair everyday. I told her I didn't have to and that my hair was different from hers, and that I was sure that there were people in her family who didn't wash their hair everyday either. She apparently didn't like the reminder that I wasn't the only brown one and poured shampoo on my head. Lucky for her ass, Mommy had cornrowed my hair so it wasn't so bad, but she was trying to embarrass me so I proceed to beat the crap outta her with that shampoo bottle. Funny enough the other girls in the cabin came to my defense, so I didn't get in trouble. But when they told Hautey that I had gotten into a fight she came running across the camp and fell down a hill (wish I could have seen it, from what I hear it was hilarious except for the fact that she kinda hurt herself!)

Excuse me for a moment while I chuckle at the image of my gangly 12 year old sister rolling down a hill.


So they only thing that made camp bearable was the songs I learned. One of which helped put me to sleep at 6 am this morning. It's like the BINGO song, as you sing it over you take out a line til there are none left.

In a little cabin in the woods
little man by the window stood
saw a rabbit hopping by
knocking at my door
"Help me! Help me! Help!"
he said
"fore the hunter shoots me dead!"
Come little rabbit
come inside
safely to abide!

6 comments:

Jonne Austin said...

I don't get a chance to visit every day but I LOVE your blog. LOL Your blog is like a story book for adults. I am amazed at your life experience. For real!

Srenna|Anners said...

Hi Trovblers!

Your night sounds like every night in my damn life! I usually go to bed at 5am.

I don't practice booty popping (Hee Hee), but I do love to sing. It's pretty funny seeing me sing Morrissey songs!

It would have been funny if your sissy was carrying a pail of water when she fell. Don't know why I just said that. I'm just glad you beat the hell out of that jr. bitch.

af said...

yi got alot of camps stories haha. i luvd making coffee can ice cream @ camp

booty poppin/p**sy poppin is always fun to practice in the middle of the nite

i hope u get a good nite sleep tonite ^_^

Anonymous said...

That camp thing sounds awful. Dosen't that girl know its damaging to wash ur hair everyday. I have to wash mine every second day coz it gets oily and that is frustrating enough. Sometimes I feel like shaving it off.

I think i can do that popping thing (if that means tensing the muscle) with my butt, I can do it with my thigh muscles too. Is that not normal?

Anonymous said...

I don't usually sing to music but I do like to put it on and jump around on my mini trampoline and sort of dance like a crazy person. Is that strange?

NaimaEfuru said...

no, I do that all the time Janers! I'm jealous of your little trampoline