9.20.2007

Prezzies

I just almost burst into tears. Seriously. Mommy got me a pair of rose gold hoops for my birthday (yes my birthday isn't until Nov. but I think she liked her gift so much that she wanted to get me one too) and I love them! They aren't so big that they overwhelm my incredibly tiny ears, but they aren't so small that they get lost in my hair. And I've been looking for a good pair of hoops for about 3 months now. Mommy gave them to me last night because she told me about them and knows that I will search the entire house for them. I love presents. So of course I put them on today and she asks me, "Are you sure that the clasp isn't too loose?" And I didn't notice anything wrong with the clasp so I was Outtie 3000.

No mishaps on the train. I'm sitting at my desk, the phone rings, I answer it and my right hoop pops right the fuck out. Ok, ok, no problem a little squeeze to the clasp and I should be back in business right? Wrong-o! The gold on the clasp is like steel, and my usual "pinch it between my thumb nails" maneuver isn't working. So I use the corner of the desk and lo and behold, the clasp closes up a little. So I go to put the earring back on and I can't get the post into the clasp. So I take it out of my ear and try it while I'm looking at it. No go even though I'm pretty sure that my little surgery barely moved the clasp. So I try again. And the fucking earring bends like a hooker grabbing ankles. "Shit!" Minor freak out, I get it straightened out. I try and loosen the clasp and guess fuck the what happened (purpose on that was)? The other side crumples like a piece of tin foil.

And I'm so near tears that its not even funny...

p.s. - I called Mommy and she calmed me down some. She's gonna take them back, but I'm still kinda sad and feelin a little loserish...

4 comments:

af said...

i dun get it trouble, were u upset that the earrings were hard to wear/keep closed or the fact that they broke and ur mum gave them to u? im thinkin the second one, buh i wasnt completely sure.. dun worry mummy will take care of everything (i mean thats their jobs isnt it?)

Amazon said...

Damn girl.

Srenna|Anners said...

"And the fucking earring bends like a hooker grabbing ankles"!!

* ^ That was bloody great!
* Poor earrings.
* Poor Trovblers.

NaimaEfuru said...

cause they broke and mommy gave them to me!