9.06.2007

Eddie von Brentwood

Did I mention I love animals? Probably more than people cause people tend to suck and talk back and shit. There are exceptions to my animal lovin, those are most rats, mice, bats, most birds (I never got over watching The Birds and those suckers always divebomb me. The exception to the bird rule are the little brown birds that live in my backyard, those lilhomies are coo wit me.), and anything that does something gross. So when the second day of Asshat Bossman being a jerk came around, Hautechick sent me this pic to cheer me up...

Adorable right? He looks like he could be friends with my Pooper! And for a second I was exultant again, that is til I went here. It seems some nincompoop (asshead, doodle, idiot, imbecile, jackass, jerk, mooncalf (ha!), ninnyhammer, schmo, schmuck, blockhead, buffon - I found a thesaurus in my office so you choose!) hit poor Eddie, dragged him for a couple of blocks and then left him to die. Now some good Samaritan found Eddie and called a local animal shelter and you know what they did? They gave him some pain pills and waited to see if his owner would show up. In the meantime, poor Eddie is stuck in a shelter with his broken bone protruding from his leg (which is a good example of why I don't like peoples!) And that is where the good people at Westside German Shepherd Rescue of Los Angeles found him. His since had three surgeries and is doing better, but is still fighting some staph infections and Westside is still looking for a home for this guy (Danae he's only 4, I think your PD should adopt and train him!) and trying to pay off his medical bills. So I made a donation. And while I still want to kick Bossman in the throat, I think I deflected some bad karma points by helping out Eddie.

endnote: to those who say I should be helping people, I say fuck you! No just kidding - kind of. I'm from the teach a person to fish school of helping out, so I routinely make no interest loans to entrepreneurs in developing nations (notice I did not say third world) through Kiva.org

5 comments:

Danae said...

Oh, poor Eddie!!!!!

And dammit, I wanna adopt him!!! If only I had room :( And I don't know much about our K9 folk, but I am buds with the only other fem in the department, who happens to train PD dogs, and I know luvers animals!

NaimaEfuru said...

HELP EDDIE! If I was in LA I would totally go get him...

Amazon said...

Trouble the Philanthropist:)

af said...

i herd about kiva awhile bak on some tv show, and then the today show was talking about them this week. so maybe i shude try it out? wuh types of companies hav ur people started w/ their loans?

my dad HATED the fact that people spent more on animals than people, buh he was from a dif time period...

Srenna|Anners said...

How can v hate the aves? Birds are beautiful. Have v ever seen A hawk vp close. OMG -- Gorgeovs!


* Poor Eddie.