9.17.2007

See You Later Alligator!

I've worked here for almost 7 years now. And for as long as I've worked here one of my favorite people has been a Muslim Turkish guy - lets call him Hottie cause it sounds like his name and even though hes technically nottie, he charms all the ladies. There isn't a bank teller within 20 blocks that doesn't know him by name (he makes all our deposits.) He is king of finding free handouts, candy canes, calculators, tshits, shampoo, he's come back with just about everything you could imagine. And whoa ladies of the Turkish chat rooms beware, he is a lady killer!

But seriously I love Hottie. Everytime he goes back to Turkey, he brings me one of those evil eye bracelets. He's got twin boys who look nothing like one another, one looks just like him and the other one looks just like his wife! (yes I know that not all twins are identical, but they don't even really look like brothers!) He cracks me up, only about 50% of the time on purpose. Back when there were only 7 of us, the office used to be really really quiet. I mean like library quiet, the occasional keystroke or cough and that would be it. Until Hottie would start cracking up, for apparently no reason, and that would get me to gigglin too!

So I had been working here for about a month when Hottie says to me one night, "See you later Alligator!" which with his accent sounded something like "See you Lah-ter All-i-gor-ator!" (give me a moment to stop gigglin - seriously I've got tears in my eyes after typing All-i-gor-ator cause thats exactly how he sounds!) And I said "In a while crocodile!" And he fell out! Seems he never heard that part of it before. And here it is almost 7 years later and he still can't say Alligator and he nearly pees his pants whenever I say Crocodile! (hearing him say Crocodile pure ridiculousness - I cannot even begin to do it justice here)

Good night everyone!

3 comments:

Danae said...

Ha! v Kill me

Srenna|Anners said...

Why didn't u title this 'See you later All-i-gor-ator'? Ha. Ha.

He's a Turk! Can he send me a piece of rubble from the old Hippodrome in Istanbul next time he goes?

Please?

* Yov're cvte, trovbs.

af said...

haha!! i luv foreign coworkers! i hav a coworker that brought me a delicious candy bar bak from her respective cuntry of origin!!

i think hairy european men w/ dark skin are hott as hek!! ur coworker sounds funny as hell to work around