8.07.2007

Brownie

Almost 3 years ago, I met a man in a club. It was crowded and I think I was probably entertaining my friends by making fun of someone, my usual MO. I was having a pretty good time for the most part, drinkin, poppin shit, shakin my ass. Then I spotted Brownie from across the crowded room. I know sounds cliche, but true. Some straight romance novel shit. Through the gyrating crowd, across the vast room, their eyes met and locked. It was as if time stood still and no one else existed. The crowd parted, as if forced apart by a giant hand. Or maybe it was the sheer masculinity that he exuded that caused the masses to part. He glided towards the fair damsel with feline grace, a cocky grin on his sensual lips, and she was lost. Lost in his chocolate gaze, his burnished brown skin. Lost in the tangled web of lust in which his mere presence had ensnared her...

Or something like that.

If I had to describe the type of man I liked, I probably wouldn't be able to. I love men. Tall ones, short ones (I have a peculiar penchant for those), dark ones, light ones, bald, locked, afroed, tattooed, straight laced, bad boys, virgins (*ahem), sooo not virgins, thin ones, thick ones (too easy). The only real requirements I have are that they are fit, have a taste for knowledge, and can carry on a decent conversation. It also doesn't hurt if they are somewhat artistic and/or somewhat freaky. But I do have a weakness for dark skinned, bald headed, muscular dudes. And that is soooo Brownie (thick, dark and chocolaty). Now is wasn't all kicks and grins. Dude lives way out in the boonies. Like so far out that it takes less time to take the train than it does to drive. And when he said that he brought a house, it seems he meant that he brought a house for/with (I'm still not sure) his sister and she lives with him with her kid. Now, don't get me wrong, I share a house with my mother so I'm not against family hooking up to snag real estate. But by share I mean it's a two family house and she has a whole separate apartment. I pay the bills, she feeds and looks after me. (Love you Mother of Snark! - I learned just about everything I know about snark from her.)

The whole lusty affair was pretty short lived for most people but about on average for my relationships - about 3 months. We saw each other (naked) a couple of times. And then I got tired of draggin my ass out there (aka I found someone closer to home) and I guess he got tired of driving me home. So I kind of stopped calling, and he kind of stopped calling, but occasionally I would get a text message from him. Until April. I just dropped the King of Crap (again) and out of the blue Brownie calls. We talk on the phone for a couple of weeks. And eventually even got to see each other (naked). But I don't know. On the one hand, he calls and says he has to attend a "function" in Queens and can he stop by and see me (aka booty call) but never shows up when he tells me he will. He doesn't stand me up, but he says he'll be at my house in 45 minutes but doesn't call and tell me he's outside until 3 or 4 hours later. This has happened twice. The first time, I honestly fell asleep. The second time, I waited 30 minutes after the time he told me he was going to show up, then turned the ringer on my phone off.

On the other hand, the chemistry is a-fuckin-mazing! He wants to take me away for the weekend and will let me plan all the details while he foots the bill. He calls me Babygirl and for some strange reason I love it. He's owned his own business for several years and is a college grad. He asks for my advice and takes it to heart. And he gives me great advice as well. I guess the question is, do I take a chance?

6 comments:

BeautyinBaltimore said...

I'm not sure. I don't know if you should take him seriously.

af said...

YEAH!! u only get one chance in life. if u all break up or dont see each other again atleast u can say u got a free weekend and some dik outta da deal. shih good/sane/big dikd men are hard to find so dont screw this one up. see how freaky he gets on the first nite. and then on the second nite u shude pull out ur sex toys and let him use them on u.

also make sure u bring plenty of water based lubes, condoms, and chocolate syrup

Trenting said...

Hmm.. I wouldn't he sounds shady- He'll foot the bill? He can't even tell time :)

Mala said...

either enjoy it for what it is (while keeping a firm eye on your back) or run like hell.
period.

Amazon said...

You know that damned saying "Too good To Be True", yeah usually it is true. But take this train for a ride, and get off when you please.

MissJ said...

temping, isn't it!? I say, have fun, and don't take it seriously. Men are like shoes, you have the stiletto and the house shoe. He's a bedroom He's a house shoe. Wear him out in the bedroom in the house. But dare you wear him out of the house....and that's asking for trouble!