1.25.2008

Showerworks...

I grew up in a brownstone.  A lovely gem of a house with stained glass windows, wainscoting, multiple fireplaces, built in bookcases, and my favorite thing - the huge bathroom on the third floor with the clawfoot tub.  I loved that tub.  It was soo deep that I used to be able to float in it as a kid.  Many a great naval battle was waged in that tub.  I had a flotilla of toy boats to play with.  Oh, and a rubber duck.  And a frog.  I loved that frog.  Anyway, bathtime was always a production for me.  And it was always fun.  

Sooo, when I moved into the new house a little over 8 years ago, to say I was disappointed with the bathroom was an understatement.  Sure the old bathroom was drafty, and the clawfoot didn't really have a shower (or a shower curtain for that matter.)  But it could all be forgiven soaking in that tub, burning something and reading a book on a Sunday afternoon.  I could escape into that bathroom for hours.  The new bathroom - can I just say that the tub doesn't even come up to my waist when I'm sitting in it.  

I try and make the most of it though.  That little ass bathroom is packed with color.  And bath products.  Hautechick was over here on Saturday.  She went into my bathroom for some shampoo and came out with; a hairdryer (why the hell I have a hair dryer when my hair has been locked for 8 years we'll never know), some eyelashes, facial loofahs, some shower gels, some lotions, some band-aids, a new toothbrush for her and one for the Artist, some toothpaste, and some conditioner.  I didn't have any shampoo.

At any given time, you can find at least 5 kinds of shower gel (the Lemon Sugar is one of my favorites Shay), at least one type of Dr. Bronner's Soap, and 3 kinds of facial cleanser in my bathroom.  Not to mention at least 5 kinds of lotion (some coordinating with the shower gels and always at least one kind of cocoa butter - I'm currently loving the body butter that Vaseline has come out with), 2 types of body butter, and 2 lip conditioners.  Bath and Body Works is having a sale, so I am currently stocked with mostly stuff from there.  For the winter I like the soap free body washes because my skin gets dry and I obviously am a SBCAA (Snarky Black Chick Against Ashiness)

And lets not talk about all the stuff that I have for my locks.  Whoever said that dreadlocks are low maintenance has obviously never met me...

ps - I love Dr. Bronner's Soaps!  It's a great thing to keep in your bathroom.  I use it to wash my locks, and my face and my body!  It can also be used in a pinch as toothpaste if you run out - I only suggest using the peppermint one for this purpose.  And you can always use the bottle for reading material if you're on the can!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you how freakin excited I got when I saw my new place had a tub. I wanted it from that moment on.

I also bought my Impala jut cause I got excited about the remote start...I trend to be a bit impulsive

af said...

i luvd my old tub! it was heavy,sturdy, held heat well when u were soaking, etc. wuh parents had the house remodeled like 2 yrs or so ago, and we got a new one.... i like the tiles on the floor. they are a dark green, and the big tiles (maybe 12*12? or
10*10?) not those small ones

in our cabinets we have like 8 diff types of cologne, a can of shaving cream, boxes of soap that mum uses, boxes of soap that afro uses, african soap, 4/5 shampoos, 1/2 conditioners, about 5 bottles of rubbing alcohol (my daddy was the type of person who wude buy alot of shih when it went on sale, i think we started out w/ like 20 of those bottles haha) a bottl of peroxide, bandages, ALOT of bottles of lotion, a bunch of boxes of toothpaste (someone likes gel, someone likes paste that sorta thing), my 3 bottles of hand sanitzer, q-tips, bath salts, epson salts, footsoak, bath fizzers, and let's not even egt ont he acne/face cleaners. lets jus say i cude open up a bidness haha

mum sells avon so we got alot of that shih in there.

i'm also a fan of bath and body works, so i think sib. is gonna get me sumthin from there for my bday. i want like a lotion or something that i can put in my bag

af said...

here are some reasonably priced hand symbals

http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-Pair-of-Silvertone-Zills_W0QQitemZ190193759260QQihZ009QQcategoryZ155253QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Amazon said...

We used to have a jacuzzi tub in our old house, and I hardly ever used it. I love showers, hot n steamy, or sometimes even cold and quick. I just hate sitting there in the water as it gets cold. Although I am sure I would love the one that continuously flows over.
And that Lemon Sugar is so tasty smelling!!