1.16.2008

Night of the Cookers

thats the name of a restaurant here in Brooklyn and where I went last night with Cousin T.  Cousin T and I try and have a lunch or dinner together at least once a month, but with all the Superslag drama, we haven't gotten a chance.  So I called her on Sunday, but she was busy and we made plans for one night after work.  Yesterday she calls to see if I'm busy and not only am I free but I'm actually showered and dressed!  She calls me back a lil while later to ask is I mind going out to dinner with two of her teacher buddies.  Actually not at all!  It is so refreshing to have a conversation with people who know things like avocado is a fruit, and what us American's consider yams are actually sweet potatoes, and that you cannot sail from NY to Alaska in 7 days.  (the first two things came up during dinner, and the last thing was a conversation that I had with Superslag back when we still spoke.)

There were 4 of us, three women ranging in age from 29 - 31 and one man who I think is about 26.  We started talking about how odd it was for us women to be in the majority.  (all three of us are slightly more comfortable hanging out with men than women)  And about how if you are the only woman out with a bunch of guys, no men will hit on you.  But if you are a guy out with a bunch of women, it seems to raise your stock.  We got drunk, we ate good food (with the exception of the mac and cheese, it was bland and seemed like they just dumped a bunch of cheese in some mac.  Mac and cheese is one of my specialties for I'm very critical of it) and we made plans to go out tonight.  I'm in charge of the planning, so I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Srenna|Anners said...

New York to Alaska in seven days... by boat... um, no.