1.08.2008

OH Shit!

I also find a VIBE magazine from August 1995 with Jodeci on the cover!  Its huge!  (anyone else remember when they were big like an album cover - that is for the people who remember turntables and records)  Why do I have this little piece of nostalgia you ask?  Could it be cause thats the year that I graduated from high school and it was the last issue to come out before I left for college?  Nah.  Could it be because I loooooooooove Jodeci and Ki-Ci gets me hot?  Eh, not so much.  Could it be because there is a blurb in the back about the Fat Boys and in the picture of them, they really aren't so big?  No, but that did make me chuckle.  And if I'm not mistaken one of them passed away, so RIP Fat Boy who passed.

The reason that I kept it was because Hautechick used to intern there and they used her as a model in that issue!  Awwww she looks so young and fresh faced hanging on some man thats not my brother in law.  Best believe it will be used for blackmail!

7 comments:

af said...

so vibe is the "walmart" of the magazine world in that they use employees in ads and shih?

i do like vibe mag, i subscribe to RS. vibe has better/ more relevant articles.

af said...

mto.com is saying some majour blk mas are gonna fold soon..

PrettyBlack said...

Ummm I need fucking glasses to read this small print...

Anonymous said...

^ ha.

* I like the small print though... I like small prints/fonts etc.

* I'm gonna go microfiche that issue. Word up.

* Jodeci... WTF did that even mean?

Anonymous said...

Microfiche! Hahahahaha

Jodeci...damn that is a name I haven't heard in a while!

Hahah PB

NaimaEfuru said...

sorry PB it is kinda small aint it?

Anonymous said...

"...lately, I've been staring in the mirror...very slowly pickin' me apart..."