11.18.2007

Missed you...

It was so strange, I said that I was going to be taking a break from posting on Monday, the on Tuesday the server at work crashed. Actually crashed is to polite a term for what happened to our server. It was bruttally beaten and left for dead. We had no internet, no email, and no access to any of our files cause it turns out our operating system was on the server too. They renovated the shit out of our office space but dicked us on the server.

We used to have someone on staff full time (my Persian cutie) but he went back to the left coast so we are stuck with a computer guy (tee hee - sorry inside joke) that only comes to the office once a week. And he's rude as all fuck. One of my favorite interactions with him was when he came to my office and asks me if everything is working ok. I tell him I have no idea what he's talking about and he get's huffy with me. "Didn't you just ask me to fix your (insert program name here cause I really did have no idea what he was talking about) last week?!" No I didn't. "Oh, sorry, it must have been someone else." Which is mondo bizarro since I'm the only brown skinned woman that works there.

So dude arrives at our office on Tuesday afternoon and doesn't leave til Friday night! I shit you not. No shower, no bed, no change of fucking clothes, no tooth brushing (at least from what I could tell and I wasn't getting to close), no personal hygene what so fucking ever. Needless to say I was grossed out. And not a little concerned at the fact that it took him 4 days to fix a problem. A problem that I would think would have had some symptoms or something before the thing gave of all hope and refused to go on. What also pissed me off was that the computer guy fixed CAL's (Crazy Asian Lady, one of accountants who I will tell you more about later), CFO's, and BossMan's computer so BossMan thinks he's aces. Meanwhile I was sending out emails via gmail all week cause I didn't have my Outlook back until Friday night. I'm still not sure that shit is working properly. And OfficeManager was still handwritting checks on Friday morning.

I've come to realize that BossMan treats me and OfficeManager pretty much the same. Which I don't know how to take cause she's his sister and he takes her for granted alot of the time.

The whole server attempted suicide thing had me pretty much off of computers for the week. Specially since I was lugging my MacBook to work so that I could get some shit done. And I realized that I was backed up on books. I had about 3 in my bag that I had started reading, so I finished them all plus one other. I started another yesterday, otherwise I would have posted. I get kinda lost in books.

Anyway, I say all this to let you know that I'm back and I missed you all! You'll probably be wishing for a break from me cause starting on Thursday, I'm off of work for something ridiculous like 11 straight days. Whooo fucking hoooooo! I'm gonna try and finally get my house together. I'm also gonna go and get the car. I decided that what I really want is the pickup and I dont think it will fit in my garage or a 6 series BMW which I can't really afford right now. So since Mommy has been driving a Volkswagen Jetta for the last 20 years about and even Daddy has only Volkswagen's before he passed, I'm gonna continue the family tradition and get a Passat with all the whistles. Well at least thats the plan this week. We'll see when it comes time to actually get the car. But Mommy has loved the two Jetta's that she's had, and so did I for that matter. Those little bitches really move. Plus I figure that in about 3 years I'll be able to afford the car that I really want and the Passat will fully be Mommy's.

Oh, and on a freaky note, there's been a beautiful black Impala parked in front of my house just about every night this week. I kinda felt like it was looking out for me...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! My Impala's doppleganger!!!! Looking out for ya!

I missed you so much!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mazeltov on the new car. BTW, I won't be around to tell you Happy Birthday, so make sure you have a blessed one!

PrettyBlack said...

I've come to realize that BossMan treats me and OfficeManager pretty much the same. Which I don't know how to take cause she's his sister and he takes her for granted alot of the time.
***********************************

That means you are like family to him. And as family he's not taking you for granted he knows you are going to be okay...You know your shit.

The passats are beautiful, actually they are really just a benz without the name, kind of like Toyota and Acura.

But remember if you get that car you won't have anymore wonderful subway rat stories to share...

Oh and I missed you girl!!!!

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Troublers is back!!!!!!

NaimaEfuru said...

no, still more rat stories PrettyBlack, parking is too expensive by my job for me to be driving everyday

Janers said...

just to make sure bossman is not taking advantage have a friend ring in say they are from some company and ask for you - rumours might start flying that u r being poached by another company and u will get a pay rise.