11.19.2007

Ben

That's what I'm naming the dancing rat. Cause I swear its the same one. I almost got a picture of him this morning with a cupcake, but my clumsiness and the arriving train conspired against you. I stood there for about 3 minutes chuckling while the lil fucker tried to drag that cupcake all the way across the track and under the third rail. When he first found it, he did his little dance, then he got took a bite and got spooked and ran away. (Ben is like greased lighting, bitch can move!) Then he came back, nibbled a bit, got hopped up on sugar and thought he was SuperRat. Able to jump burning third rails with a single bound. It was a close thing but he got it. Then he did a little dance and I laughed and the lady with no teeth looked at me like I was crazy.

Maybe tomorrow morning...
this is what my life has come to, getting my shits and grins from a fucking rat. Yeah Harley, NY is so fucking glamorous.

11 comments:

af said...

ive seen rats on tv and shih and they look disgusting, buh this one sounds funny! maybe u shude get a pet rat for pooper? they wude be great frins. i wan a pic of ben.

i did see rat bones inside of an owl pellet @ summer camp once (still got the bones in a likkle jar they gave me...) yuck! hehe

Anonymous said...

Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone
And you, my friend, will see
You've got a friend in me
(you've got a friend in me)

Ben, you're always running here and there
You feel you're not wanted anywhere
If you ever look behind
And don't like what you find
There's one thing you should know
You've got a place to go
(you've got a place to go)

I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"
I used to say "I" and "me"
Now it's "us", now it's "we"
Ben, most people would turn you away
I don't listen to a word they say
They don't see you as I do
I wish they would try to
I'm sure they'd think again
If they had a friend like Ben
(a friend) Like Ben
(like Ben) Like Ben

^
What?! I like that ephing song! And I cut and pasted, ok. I did not spend time writing this out...

NaimaEfuru said...

ahahahahahahahahahahaha! damn I just missed Anners!

Janers said...

My friend has pet rats - white ones, they're cute and pretty smart.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed that, Troubers!

Afro: What?!

af said...

anners iw ent to summer camp, we had to disect owl pellets, mine was full of owl bones, so they cleaned them (in bleach), and gave them to me in a tube to keep

NaimaEfuru said...

its kinda gross, but also kinda cool

Janers, a dude I work with got a rat for his kids. Oh shit I need to do a post about that...

Anonymous said...

Oh, okay, Afro! But it's not everyday I stumble across the words "pellet" and "rat bones." ;)

af said...

haha anners i was like 13 @ the time!

shih they soaked them in bleach. and the container is air tight.

aners u shude allow people to clik on ur name, and get to blogsworth.
promo ur shih haha

Janers said...

Yeah i think they're actually good pets - they're still a little creepy tho. If ur gonna get rat go get a chihuahua (u can take them more places).

NaimaEfuru said...

HA@the chihuahua bit!