11.06.2007

Its Damn Dark Out There

You know there are days, when I look up and the day is gone. Today was one of those days. I got to work almost on time (which means that I was less than 15 minutes late) and BossMan put me right on it. Then he stepped out and that was around the time that I started leaving comments for your guys. But then, in a productive fit, I went back to doing work and now its dark as hell out and I can't really remember what is was that I said I was going to write about today, sooo I guess I'll tell you guys about Slick (since a couple of you were wondering why I dont date him)

I met Slick though Bobby/Gutz. He is actually a friend of her brothers, but when her brother moved outta state, Slick continued to check up on her. Thats just the type of person Slick is. You ask him to look out for your sister, and that is exactly what he'll do. So I think its been like 10 years or something crazy like that since I first met him. And at first I didn't know what to make of Slick. He reminds me of Snoop, although the only physical thing they have in common is the long thin thing. Its probably the tree smoking...

Anyway my first real interaction with Slick was at a party that Bobby brought us both too. I'm standing there giving my best bougie black girl impression and I feel somebody on my ass. Yes, On My Ass. I turn around bout to go off and its Slick. "Listen I know your cool with Bobby, but I dont know you to be all up on my ass like that!" and a friendship was born. Seriously. He cracked up and basically told me that he thought I wasn't gonna go for that but he had to be sure. Seems that all the other females that Bobby brought with her were letting him so he figured what the hell. He bought me a drink to apologize. And we spent the rest of the night talking about what a bunch of hookers most of Bobby's friends were.

About 2 weeks later, the crew decided to go to the beach. Everybody is splitting up to drive out there and I'm not feeling any of the groupings. In fact, even back then I was wondering what the hell I was doing with these people. Then Slick pulls up and he's in the car by himself and I hopped right the fuck in. It took about another hour before everyone was ready and by that time, me and Slick were cool as shit. We talked about music, movies, sports, jewelery, clothes, we talked about everything. Including his two kids (he only had two at the time) with his high school sweetheart. She is a big reason that I would never do anything with Slick. I mean those two have been together foooo evvvvv ahhhh! I'm not gonna lie and say that I've never been the mistress. But I'd like to think that I do have some lines I won't cross and that is one of them. I mean I gave his toddler a Zoe doll last year for pete sake!

Another big reason not to mess with Slick is the fact that the King of Crap is one of his best friends. Maybe two years ago Slick hit on me, but it was a half hearted drunken effort that a "Did you lose your mind?!" quickly put to an end. Plus I'm pretty sure that he and the King of Crap were on the outs and Slick was just trying to piss him off. I think I've mentioned what a loser the King of Crap is and I can just imagine the problems he would cause if Slick and I ever hooked up.

But most importantly, I don't want to lose his friendship. I can be antisocial like a motherfucker, but I always makes an exception for Slick. I'll go months without seeing anyone other than my co-workers and my Mom, but Slick will know how I'm doing. He is the ONLY person that I put Duke in the back hall for (he can't get out of the back hall and he scares the crap outta Slick - no big ass dogs Troubs!)

6 comments:

Jonne Austin said...

You know there are days, when I look up and the day is gone. Today was one of those days. I got to work almost on time (which means that I was less than 15 minutes late)
===============================
Can I get an AMEN!!! LOL

af said...

er girl needs a bestest guy
friend,

and it's good u dont cross that line w/ him b/c guys will talk, brag and trash ur reputation w/o even knowing that they are doing so...

Amazon said...

It's always nice to have a friend, that can stay cool and on their side of that same line.

Anonymous said...

He has chillens. 'Nuff said. That child support takes money from fun for you. No.

You can chill with him or other stuff. Contraceptives.

I am so cold, and I get so confused with all these dudes names. I should have come to your page years ago because I dunno how the hell to catch up with you. I post a youtube video and then get bored with myself.

af said...

i hav to admit harlequin is right, i mean we know most of the people buh i gets lost in the details sometimes, i always catch up before the end buh still

maybe u shude # them haha!!

NaimaEfuru said...

Haha, sorry!