11.21.2007

*le Sigh

Can I just say, Mommy rocks!  Seriously, best birthday gift evah! (at least that I can remember)  So the seats weren't the best, but that was my fault (more on that later, if I remember) and I could still see all three dancers and their feet.  But damn if I didn't have a cheesy grin on my face from the moment Savion stepped out on stage, wearing a Gregory Hines t-shirt I might add,.  Part of the reason that I had such a good time was because you could tell that he was having such a good time.  He was smiling and "Yeah Baby!"ing it up, but I think he had the most fun when he was watching the other two dancers (who were bad ass by the by) do their solos.  

The name of the set was "Music from the Sole" and he and the other two dancers basically made music by hoofing.  There was also a sax/coronet player and a steel pan player, but for most of the set it was either Savion by himself of with the other two dudes backing him up.  They horn dude was good, but the steel pan dude blew my mind.  He played everything on that pan from jazz to hip hop to rap (cause its not the same thing to me) to pop to fucking Chopin.  My favorites of the horn guys pieces were Night in Tunisia and My Favorite Things, which just happen to be two of my favorite jazz songs.  I kept hoping for Naima by John Coltrane, but alas it wasn't meant to be...

So I was late, cause all those fuckers I work with broke the fuck out and I don't feel right leaving OfficeManager in the office by herself.  Persian Royalty showed up and he's a gentleman so I knew she'd be alright, but by the time I met Mommy at BB Kings, the place was pretty packed.  So the host shows us to this table and its kinda cramped but its two seats and we could see the stage.  I must have made a face or something cause while we're standing there with the waiter, the manager (kind of a cute if somewhat preppy black dude) appears out of no where to assure us that these are the best seats that they have left.   Mommy's giving me the smirk, the one that means "look at my child, flirting again" which I wasn't!  But somehow, that manager was always nearby.  Despite that I was able to get some pretty ok pictures and since my camera rocks I was also able to get something that I was supposed to but I don't know how to get it off of the camera and onto the blog, so somebody send me an email on how to do that shit.

And can I just say that I was a complete and total fan girl.  Since I posted those pics of Savion yesterday, I had them on my ipod so I was showing them to Mommy who shows them to the woman sitting next to her who happened to be a Psychology teacher at Queens College.  She was this adorable maybe late 50 ish vegetarian who was taking the tap class of one of the backup dancers - who also teaches at Queens College.  So there is a possibility that Savion will hear about the adorable thin chick whose turning 30 on Saturday and has pictures of him and Tony Curtis on her ipod.  Speaking of Tony Curtis, Mommy did something ("I don't know, I pressed something!") and the picture of Tony Curtis popped up and Mommy and the Psych Prof were like, "Uh?" so I told them it was Tony Curtis and they were both like, "He used to be so cute" (ha Danae!)

AND HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SAVION! ( it was on Monday)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Told ya he used to be cute!

af said...

happy bday that sounds fun! great way to spend ur bday.

haha tony on the ipod hehe

Srenna|Anners said...

I heard Tony was rude to Marilyn Monroe on the set of Some Like It Hot, so I'm gonna have to say that he wuzn't never cute. Haha. Your mom and that lady think you're a freak, Troubs!

Your night sounds like fun! Yay! And Woot! for Savion.

Amazon said...

You know they both looked at each other and were like "uh-huuuuh, suuuurre" lol. Danae is a nasty TypHo:)

Anonymous said...

Uh, LadyShay, where's your GD holiday spirit!!!!!!

I'm mad at you all