12.10.2007

The Fight

Huh, its strange, I was thinking about doing a post about the Merryweather Hatton fight but I forgot.  Somehow I still got some hits off of it.  Maybe those 8 people were psychic...

Anyway, I went with Cousin T and her man to Bobby's cousin's house to watch the fight.  It was only about 10 people which was cool.  And the house was for Merryweather, which was even cooler.  His last fight I was at a hispanic house and they were for De La Hoya.  Needless to say it almost came to blows a couple of times during the evening.  This time we were clearly told, "If Merryweather don't win, yall got to get the fuck out!  Cause I'll be damned if you see me cry!"

As you all probably know, nobody got kicked out.  I'll admit I was a little scared for a minute that the judges score cards weren't going to go Floyd's way.  But I did notice that every time he landed a punch, poor lil Ricky's head was snapping back like a crash test dummy.  I was pretty sure that if Floyd kept it up, he was gonna get him.  AND HE DID!  I mean did you see that shit!  First the snap back and then BAM! head first into the corner guard (Slick told me what that shit is really called, but I dont remember, sorry Slick.)  Two more hits and it was over.  I swear Ricky's camp threw in the towel before he even hit the ground!  And did anybody else peep the smile that came over Floyd's face when dude hit the ground?

Anyway it was a good fight, really made me want to go out and knock a fucktard out!

3 comments:

Danae said...

I have a few people you can go and knock out for me

PrettyBlack said...

Mayweather is the biznizz he needs to go ahead and mend that looseness with his daddy. Success ain't shit without someone to share it with.

af said...

haha glad u had fun!
i've boxed a few times in my life...haha!

blk guy is gonna win in most fights, we hav more stamina, endurance....

i know that was a very highprofile fight and people made a buttload of money off of it. i jus hope the boxers got a decent cut of that money..