12.20.2007

Bad God Mother

yes, I will admit it, I'm a terrible God Mother.  I don't see my Monkey Girl nearly as much as I should and she is such an amazing young lady.  She is going to be 13 in March and while I absolutely adore her alot of shit gets in the way of me spending time with her.  Namely her mother, Superslag (she and the baby are out of the hospital, so I can go back to calling her Superslag without feeling bad) not that she stays with Superslag.  She actually lives with her stepfather, his mom, and her little brother.  I think that her stepdad and his family are an amazing bunch of people for raising a little girl that they certainly didn't have to.  And it pisses me off to no end that my family didn't step up and keep MonkeyGirl with us.  They all talk about the Steps like they are better than them, but my family has their own issues, and Superslag is like the carrier for all of them.

But Monkey Girl does not let me get away with slacking, and since the Steps like me, she calls me pretty often.  Boy do I need to teach that child phone manners cause whenever she calls there is no hey Trouble or anything, she just starts talking.  Luckily I don't know any other sweet voiced 12 year old girls.  Figuring out what she is talking about is a whole nother story.  

It was back in August, and I was chilling with Hautey and the Artist, my cell phone rings "Trouba what kind of smoothie did you get that time?"  Huh?  Ok the nickname stems from when she was a wee one and couldn't say my name so I know who it is.  What smoothie though?  Oh shit, she means the smoothie that I got July 4th weekend when we were in the Vineyard.  Like the hell I remember!  So I had her read me the flavors when she got to the bakery.

Two days ago, I'm playing with Pooper and my cell phone rings, "Trouba whats the address of the Capezio store by your job?"  Huh?  I swear the kid probably thinks I'm slow.  Oh thats right she switched programs at her Junior High School and is now in the dance program.  So I spent a good portion of yesterday running around looking for footless flesh tone tights in a S/M.  And getting them to her for her performance today.  I can't wait cause I usually miss her performances because of my work schedule, but I'm not missing this one!  I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

Oh and she gets all the clothes that I'm giving away, the little shits legs are almost as long as mine! (and thats saying something cause I'm about 3/4 legs!)  And the reason I called her a little shit just now, is cause I'm telling her that I look and see if I have any size 0 pants and jeans for her and shes scheming on how to get me out of the J Brands that I had on, "Why don't you let me try those on to see what will fit?  Who makes those again?  What size are they?"  

5 comments:

Amazon said...

Awww, I can't wait for the pics. And she sounds like she picked up some manipulative-ness from someone named Trouba!

af said...

thats too adorable! u all's side shude hav stepped up, i agree...

what smoothie did u get!? im jus as random as she is.

i swear i'll start in the middle of a conversation like:
"ok so i was there and i said yes haha"
and the person i'm talking to will be like:
"what the hell are you talking about?"
i'll start laughing uncontrolably and say:
"oh about the extra whipped cream on my frozen drink"

i guess i jus think people wait with baited breath after we hav a conversation, until the next one that we will have!! haha

Danae said...

Awwww, ahe sounds adorable! And I cannot wait for da picks.

And is it wrong I'm jealous of a 13 y/os legs? Cause I am

PrettyBlack said...

That sounds like the relationship I have with my boys...My three nephews. I tell my sis they are like my kids I didn't give birth to.

I remember when I was a size 0 in 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 grade, then I started fucking and sprouted hips and thighs...

Anonymous said...

Awwww, she sounds adorable. One of my cousins just turned 12, she's cute too - got a lot of wit that cheeky one does.