7.30.2007

Mr. Pooper

That's my current nickname for my dog, Duke, a Belgian shepherd mix. He pretty much looks like a long haired German Shepherd. But occasionally I do get "Ghetto Lassie" comments.

Here he is dressed as Andre 3000 (thanks Hautechick!) He is totally a spoiled brat, and only half way trained, but I wouldn't have him any other way. (I mean come on, how can I be mad at him when I'm basically an untamed spoiled brat myself?!) I have a million Duke stories. There was the time that I was walking him at around 11 pm, totally oblivious, because really who would be dumb enough to mess with a 120 pound dog, even if a 112 pound woman is walking him? Apparently there are people dumb enough and one of them happened to be following me that night. I started freaking out a little bit. Not really scared for myself, more scared that Duke might tear his ass up and get taken away from me. You see, Duke was abused, and for about the first 4 months that I had him, he hated men in general, and addicts specifically. He would go ape shit crazy and attack. Once my brother in law had to throw a box on him to keep Duke from trying to bite off something very important to my sister.
So I was very happy (and quite impressed) when Duke stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, turned around and gave the dude following me his impression of a hound from hell. All raised hair, teeth baring, bass growling, terror dog! (It was so cool! Especially considering that when he wasn't trying to neuter my brother in law, he was busy pissing on my floor in fright. And who knew that crackheads could move that fast.) Then there were those nights that he insisted I let him out, only to follow him and find him (1) tearing someones jeans and they scrambled over my fence (dumbass #1 was trying to steal a bike that was in the yard, how he was going to get it over the 6' fence I still haven't figured out) and (2) have some dude pinned to the wall (dumbass #2's girl threw his keys into my yard and rather than ring the bell, he thought he would get them himself.) And my personal favorite, the time he humped the dude I was seeing. The only time that he has ever tried to hump a male (females your at your own risk, he likes the ladies) and dude didn't even realize what was going on. It was kind of like Duke was trying to tell me that homeboy was a bitch, of course I didn't figure that out until later...

5 comments:

af said...

this is my first ever visit to this site, and after reading one story i'm hooked!1 i'm def adding ur blog to my faves list, keep those pet stories coming b/c i got a million stories about my two cats..

Jonne Austin said...

lol! Visual....destroyed....soul. Picture....cause...of...death.
*chokes on shrimp from laughing*

NaimaEfuru said...

Hey Afro Jamaicano! Welcome aborad!

And Slim, gurl watch those scrimps, they will get you everytime!

Danae said...

I'm loving this site! That pic had me rolling on the floor!

NaimaEfuru said...

Hey Danae! thanks