7.31.2007

Casanegra

by Blair Underwood with Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes

Ok, so I actually just started reading this book this morning. I wasn't sure about buying a book written by a man that I commonly refer to as Blair with no Underwear. But Ms. Due and Mr. Barnes have written some of my favorite books, The Living Blood, My Soul to Keep and Between by Due and Charisma and Blood Brothers by Barnes - they mostly write Science Fiction from an African American perspective. Sooooo, I'm on the train reading and listening to International Players Anthem (I think the music helps me to keep time when reading, a friend of mine once asked how I was able to tap my foot to a beat and read at the same time, what can I say I'm a multitasker. Bet I'd be great on the drums!) and then I read this,

Guys, let me school you on head: Do not treat a clitoris like someone would treat your penis. It's the most sensitive place on a woman - probably on the human body, period - and it doesn't need yanking or bullying. It's a snail in a shell that need a little coaxing to swell and stick its head out. There is no end to its shudders, given the right tending. I've turned women on until they can't walk right, as if they're carrying a grapefruit between their legs. Unlocking a woman's passion is like cracking a safe. When I feel that responsiveness budding - when her hips begin to buck and my chin is drenched - I don't let it go. I go back to the same spots, again and again.

Weeeeellll....

(I let you know how the rest of it is...)

2 comments:

matt williams said...

I think I will be buying that book very soon.

Mala said...

hey-men
and
halle lou yah!