2.01.2008

The Weirdest Shit I Heard Today

So I know this guy, lets call him Ras.  He's from Trinidad and has dreads and its not unlikely to hear him go off about The Garden of Eden or The Nature of Man.  Buuuuut, he has a pretty thick Trini accent so I only understand about half of what he says. That always makes me very cautious when I have conversations with him.  So today I saw him and as usually despite the torrential downpour, he wants to have a confab.  I missed alot of it, that accent and his mumbling do not help, but here are some of the things I caught

"You'll be standing there a Pure Breed Dog, but everyone takes you for a man until you turn your back and become a God."

"I don't believe that no one is perfect.  I am exactly what Jah wanted me to be so therefore I am perfectly me."

"Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end..."

There was alot more about vexation, something about damnation, and a brief spiel about white niggers, but I missed alot of it trying to remember these three quotes.  I'm gonna have to start carrying a tape recorder so I can record his rants...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He got the third one right.

Amazon said...

That would be hilarious, you with a hidden recorder, they make difital ones that are tiny nowadays.

af said...

thats too funny.

PrettyBlack said...

You never know he may know something we don't...third eye.