2.07.2008

The Artist's Family

I watched the SuperBowl this year with the Artist's Family.  My sister, Hautechick, was supposed to go but sports and family gatherings have never been her strong suit.  If I had a dollar for everytime that I uttered "Oh, Hautechick wasn't feeling well so she stayed home" at a family function, I wouldn't be worrying about job security right now.  And I think if I tell you that she once failed gym in high school, that would be sufficient explanation on the sports thing.  I usually hate to fill in for her, but I'm still trying to pay her back for the time that she went on an interview for me.  This time was sooo not the case.  The Artist has one of the greatest families evah!  All mutlicultural and multiethnic, its wonderful to see what each individual adds to the mixture.  Their love for one another is evident, even in their fussing and fighting.  And they love to cook, eat and most importantly, feed people!  And even though they all said, "wow you look so much like your sister," everyone (except the Artist's 10 year old cousin, her 7 year old sister was giving me the side eye though) knew that I wasn't her off the bat.  I love people who pay attention.  The Artist's French Canadian Aunt (I just love her French Canadian/Trinidadian/Queens accent!) They all got a huge kick out of my t-shirt.  It said "Blame My Sister."  The 7 year old asked me where I got it...

2 comments:

af said...

im w/ haute. i dun like to be around alot of family members and shih (cept on my mother's side) or if my paternal family is making chitlins or sumthin

haha kids always know the deal for some reason, it's weird! like they can tell a tranny man from a mile away!

Kitty said...

I'm the opposite way. If it's dad's fam, I'm there and I'm bringin a bottle. But my mama's fam are just so buogie(sp?) they make me itch!! I love those type of tees. A fave of mine is one that says "don't be jealous.."
LOL