2.28.2008

Hair Drama Llama

ok so there's no llama, but ever since Daners said it I've been dying to blog jack it.  Plus its hella fun to say.

So I have this interview tomorrow at a placement agency, and I've got the wardrobe thing figured out.  But I have no fucking idea what to do with my hair!  You see, I spent about 12 hours this weekend, washing my hair, tightening my locks and putting each and every single one on a got damned rod roller (how I get my luscious curls.)  So by the time I finished washing and shit, it was like 12:30, no fucking way I was gonna spend 2 hours sitting under the dryer after all of that.  So I tied the largest silk scarf I could find around them bitches and hit the hay.  Or tried to in any case.  Felt like 5 fucking million rollers were trying to bore their way into my skull.  ALL FUCKING NIGHT!  I was cranky the next morning, to say the least.  In fact, it's fucking Thursday and I still have a sore spot on the top of my head.  Which I can't figure out, it's not like I slept standing on my head.  That should be the one spot that doesn't hurt, right?

So the next morning, after all of my hard work the night before, I decided to sit under the dryer just to make sure my curls set.  I sprayed them all with some water, then some good ole fashion oil sheen and promptly fell the fuck asleep under the dryer.  That put a crick in my neck.  But my curls were tight.  No, not tight like good, tight like the belong on a got damned poodle!  And I have a interview tomorrow, errrrk! scratch that, today, my curls still haven't dropped any and I don't know what the hell to do with them.  I was just gonna snatch them up into a ponytail, with all the curls it looks like an elaborate bun, but then I can't put on a hat.  And its supposed to be cold tomorrow.  I just don't do under 30 weather with no hat.  Hell, most of the time if its 40 I still have a hat.  Might not be on all the time, but it'll be stashed in my bag somewhere...

5 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

stop being so hard on yourself, i bet i looks great

Anonymous said...

Drama Llama!!!!

I try to incorporate it into everyday speech.

12 hours! Dayum. Just dayum.

Good luck tomorrow. Not that you needs it!

af said...

trubs not to sound snarky (though it might be hard for me not to haha), i work for a placement agency (im guessing temp. service and placement agency are synonyms?) anyway they get paid for placing people in jobs. so u wanna look ur best, buh they're gonna find u a job no matter wuh, b/c the more people they hav working for them, the more money they get!

i say throw on a thick scarf, a cute coat, some boots and rock out in that interview!
good luk

jentheobscure said...

Damn, I remember when I tried rollers... I had the same experience. Tight curls that I couldn't get rid of...

Anonymous said...

Ohhh too tight curls...!!! They suck!!! Have you tried steam? Usually if you jump in the shower and steam your hair up a bit the cruls should lossen up. Good luck