3.25.2008

The Skin I'm In

  • lots and lots of water, I drink that is.  Plus the MAC doesn't hurt a bit
  • speaking of makeup, the handle on my makeup train case broke this morning and I'm really sad about it, I think I'm going to take it to the shoemaker since its leather and see if he can fix it.
  • remember I used to do those post on things that every woman needs?  well I just thought of another one, a really good old school shoe maker.  They can take the calf of your boots in, or if they are really good make them a little bigger.  Stretch your too tight leather shoes (or do it yourself with some wooden shoe trees and some rubbing alcohol) fix the run down heel on your favorite shoes, replace a worn down sole, fix the leather strap on a makeup case, at least I hope so
  • i actually had a really bad case of the chickenpox when I was in the 4th grade.  So bad that I missed the last month and a half of school.  I still have the dots all over including one on my right cheek and a couple on my nose.  They just dont show up in pictures for some reason.  Then again people usually think they're birthmarks...
  • speaking of the chickenpox, did I ever mention that I have a half brother?  He's a real shit.  Anyway when I got the chickenpox, he was in the Marines and he came to see me when he was home on leave.  that would have been strange considering that we spent hardly any time together when I was a kid, but our dad had just passed away the year before, so he was trying to pretend that he's not an asshat.  Anywho, guess who gave the fucktard the chickenpox and guess who ended up in military quarantine for 2 months?
  • and continuing on the theme of my shitwit brother, have I ever mentioned that I'm an aunt?  dont think so.  well anyway come to find out I'm an aunt again.  How did I find out?  My buppy cousin gets an email birth announcement from Shitwits (I really like that one, and it really fits my brother) wife, Shitwitta (shes an ass too), so she forwards it to my Mom, who checks her email like maybe 4 times a month (and that does not mean once a week) who mentions it to me last week.  The kid, a boy, was born on Valentines day.
  • my home phone went out this weekend, actually all three lines in the house were acting wonky, so Mommy called Verizon and they said they would be here on Monday morning.  wait I should correct that, the first dumbass broad that answered the phone told Mommy that it must be a problem with one of our phones.  I said that was bullshit and told Mommy to call them back (after she made me check all the jacks - good thing the designers of this house were asses and there are only three of them, one on each floor) and THEN they said they would come on Monday.  And what a day Monday was...
  • I'm knocked the fuck out, and I kinda hear Mommy's line ringing on Monday morning, but I rolled over and what do you know, it stops.  then my cell phone rings, it the verizon guy and he's outside.  oops!  So I throw on some sweat pants and a hoodie and answer the door.  Hello!  I was for a minute regretting my choice of attire when I realized that the sweats are kinda low rise and show off my flat belly very nicely and actually make me look like I have hips!  it didn't turn into anything but flirting, but that was my choice.  he called me once after he left to make sure that everything was ok, then he stopped by a little later to "make sure."
  • so the verizon guy leaves and Mommy comes home and says, "huh, i thought that they were going to come and read the meter today." and right on cue the door bell rings.  I'm right there, so even though this is something that Mommy usually does, I answer the door.  First off, by this time Duke is pretty sick and tired of getting locked up everytime someone comes to the door, so he sticks his snooze in the door and follows me out into the vestibule.  Good thing I hadn't yet answered the front door.  So after a brief yet frenzied battle with the hairy beast I answer the door.  Dog hair everywhere and a tall young cutie here to read the meter!  Sheesh!  That boy better be happy Mommy was home cause I was seriously thinking about jumping the young man right there in the basement.
  • My god daughter is going to be 13 on Thursday!  She wants a Sidekick and/or to go to Dave and Busters with a crew.  I'm all for the Sidekick - shes a good kid and she doesn't have a cell phone, but me and Cousin T had a long ass talk about the Dave and Busters thingamajig.
  • I was in Filene's Basement shopping for MonkeyGirl's birthday and I saw the most adorable Ralph Lauren baby girl clothes.  I really was debating with myself if I should buy something for NewBabyGirl, SuperSlag's newest kid, but I decided against it.  She'll take it as were cool again and as always expect more.  It tears me up that I can't buy something for the kid without her Mom trying to hit me up for more.

6 comments:

PrettyBlack said...

Was verizon guy fine? Did you get meter guys number...Come on man let us know!

I wonder if I have any more brothers or sisters besides the three my dad has with his wife?

How old is the house? Maybe phones weren't a big thing when it was built.

Love your random shit!

af said...

water is always gud for ur skin~ im still in my whole acne faze right now, buh it's getting a bit better.

when i was in elementary school i got chicken pox @ the same time as sib. i hated it! good thing i got it out of the way erly though

i hate it when workers/service people come to my house to read the meter b/c i dun wanna sit there and wait for them the entire day.

af said...

question trubs:
why come when celebs get money they always move from ny to nj. less crowded? lower taxes?

NaimaEfuru said...

I think its cause NJ has more larger estate type properties. You could pay $30 million for a penthouse apartment in NYC or buy a 12 acres estate with 10 bedrooms and 11 baths 2 hours away from the City for $20 million. I'm guesstimating pricing and property features but I think you get the idea. More privacy in NJ yet your not far away from NY. Property taxes are more expensive in NJ, some parts of it smell funny (swamps I think). But the airport in Teterboro, NJ has clearance for private jets and planes. There are two airports in NY that accept private planes but I dont think they are as large or as well equipped as the one in NJ and suspect that may play a part in why some rich folk move to Jersey. I also think the commuter railroads which service NJ are a little nicer than the ones that service NY. But I may be biased since I live in NY, but I swear the trains are cleaner and nicer in NJ despite the fact that the trains for both states are run by one entity (the Port Authority of NY and NJ) I was an Urban Planning major so I can probably give you about 20 more reasons why I think the rich move to NJ...

af said...

thnks for the info trubs! i ask b/c on tv i hear about mob bosses, entertainers, celebs, etc moving to nj. and i guess the privacy is a major part of that.

as for ur half brother story (caution this is long, inane and rambling haha):
my dad had a wife before my mum, he took care of her and her kids even after his first wife died. the two girls (who are now in their 60s so that shude giv u an idea of how OLD my daddy was haha) lookd @ my dad as their father. he basicaly raised them. so when my dad was dying the younger girl (prob. about 65 at the time) lookd @ my mum and said point blank "i will not be visitng him, i dont wanna go thru this". now she blamed it on her husbands death a few yrs erlier, buh wuh i think it was, was the fact that she wasnt in his will...

i had a cute delivery guy a few weeks bak (not LITERALLY of course haha!) now when u hav a cute delivery boy i suggest paying with a chek, that way he gets ur fone # off the chek, u can invite him inside andchat him up while ur making out the chek.

NaimaEfuru said...

he actually had my cell phone number but I guess thats probably unethical for him to use it since he got it for work purposes.

yeah my half brother is from my dads first marriage. it weird cause even though we were never close, he says he's disappointed that I am not more involved in his kids lives. Hell I dont really know him so wouldn't it be weird if I was close to his kids and we know nothing really about one another?!? I know I wouldnt let my kids hang out with a stranger and thats essentially what I am to him. in my lifetime, we've had only one conversation that could be considered on an adult level and that was still over 10 years ago and it WAS THE ONLY ONE WE EVER HAD. I know alot of half siblings that get along great but I haven't had that experience. Even stranger is that he has a half brother that is older than me but younger than my sister and the last time that the four of us were together, I spent the majority of the time speaking to my not half brother