3.19.2008

Perception

When I first started this blog, you'd be hard pressed to find a picture of me.  There was a reason for that.  You see, when people first see me, snarky is usually the last thing that the think.  For one thing, I'm pretty tiny.  Despite being almost 5'7", the most that I have ever weighed is 125 lbs and that was when I was working out 4 to 5 days a week.  Add to that, what Hautechick calls my cow eyes (big brown eyes with pretty long lashes) and the fact that I could pass for someone 10 years younger and I'm not what you would call intimidating.  As a result, weak willed bitches always want to test me.

I cannot tell you how many times I've gone out with Cousin T, shit will pop off, and some dumb chit thinks I'm the one to be tested.  There was the time we went to a party with her sisters (CoHo, SuperSlag, and Bobby) and it was raining.  I should insert here, that I have a thing for walking umbrellas, I have to stop myself from buying more.  So needless to say, you won't catch me carrying around some generic black umbrella if I can help it.  I check my umbrella going in, but on the way out its a total mess.  All of the tags have fallen off of the wet umbrellas.  But I know my shit, and I made sure to speak to the dude that was checking them, so he hands me my shit right off and I'm out the door waiting for the rest of the crew.

Here comes Cousin T, cause her shit is always purple, but before she gets to me heres some random chicks in my face.  Two of them are gonna walk up to me and start talking about how they think I stole their umbrella.  "Yeah I'm pretty sure thats my shit she's holding."  "Yea, that looks like the one you had."  Me, I'm standing there with my eyebrow cocked, waiting for it.  Cousin T is standing behind them, waiting for it too.  One of them reaches out and makes to grab my umbrella.  It wasn't raining at this point so I use it to smack her hand away, "this is not your umbrella, walk away." real calm real quiet like, which should have been her first clue.  "I think it is mine, let me see it."  "Now, if you had walked up to me and asked to see it in the first place, I might have let you.  But you want to try and grab shit and I hate rude people.  Get the fuck out of my face bitch."  Now she's going off about how I disrespected her and Cousin T has been joined by the rest of the people with me, so they are pretty much surrounded by some chicks that are in some cases ALOT bigger than me.  All of a sudden, they want to be nice.  "My bad, I thought it was mine."  Little chick standing by herself they wanna pick on. Little chick surrounded by some burly big backed bitches and the want to back off.

It's the story of my life.  Some low self esteem bitch thinks she can feel better about herself by picking on the skinny chick.  What they don't know is that the skinny chick is kinda quick with the wit and the fist.  And I'm not above fighting dirty if the person is bigger than me.  Which pretty much means I fight dirty all the time since I can't ever remember being in a fight with someone who was my size or smaller.  I can honestly say that I NEVER in my life started a fight, but I've finished quite a few.  I've had my share of busted lips and scratches, but they've all healed.  But I don't think that I would be able to live with myself it I knew that I let other people intimidate or bully me.  That's just not the type of person that I am...

and for the record, I don't back down whether I'm surrounded by burly big backed bitches or by my lonely!   

4 comments:

Amazon said...

I would love to see you beat a bitch down with an umbrella. Like how they gonna come up to you and just try to snatch the shit. I would have been beatin asses!

swag_ambassador said...

remind me of my sister ina sense.. its amazing to see when my boys come ova to our house, and she will come out of the room and they will all get quiet. (she works nights, shes a cop, so she comes out if it gets to loud and sayd "BOY!".. she calls me boy, and we all shutup..)

neva under estimate the smaller woman lol

Anonymous said...

Umbrella -ella-ella. Thank you, Shay, thank you for I am blaming you for the fact that song is in my head right this second

af said...

u betta not bak down girl! low self steem bitches are always the worst! poppin off, tryna holla @ dudes, weaing the ugliest/loudest/tackiest attire.

im not a fan of walking in the rain though... buh walking umbrellas are fun!!