3.05.2008

A Business Decision

I went back and forth with myself on whether or not to write this post.  But if there is one thing that I am, its honest.  And if there is one thing that I learned since I started blogging, its that sometimes getting it out is very therapeutic.  So here it goes, I was laid off.

Actually happened back in December, and BossMan very (insert tongue in cheek) generously is still paying my salary.  I came back from vacation, determined to make the best of my job.  And for two whole days I was popping!  Then BossMan called me into his office and asked me to close the door.  The first thing out of my mouth was, "Am I in trouble?"  I was smiling when I said it, but I had a very bad feeling.  The next few minutes, to be honest, were a blur.  Mainly because BossMan was rambling.  He said something about administrative cost, and budget restructuring, and finding a place for me if I wanted, and continuing to pay me for awhile.  "Wait a minute, I don't understand what you're telling me.  I'm fired?"  There was some hemming and hawing and some thats not how I would put its and some I really care about what happens to you and some I'm sure that you will excel wherever you decided to gos, but what it boiled down to was yes, I was fired.  Laid off, what the fuck ever you want to call it, it blows.

I mean at first I was hurt.  He offered to let me leave then, but if I'm honest, I'm also proud, so I told him I would finish the week.  I realize now that offer was for his comfort, not mine.  He has never spent so much time out of the office as he did that week.  He should feel uncomfortable, fucker.  Executive decision to devote more funds to d's and a's and less to administrative staff my ass.  I mean sure I was making about as much as CrapCakes and Bambi combined, but I also put up with his bullshit for 7 fucking years and am not mentally and socially retarded.  What it really boils down to is that I was the only person making very nice money that was not related to him.  Combine that with the fact that they were going to implement profit sharing and time based bonuses and vacations and I would have been making very nice money indeed.  Add to it, that Madame BigShot was pushing for my removal and it makes a very bitter recipe for humble pie.

As you can see, the hurt quickly turned to anger, then morphed into a kind of "fuck it I'll be better off" mentality.  This was in part due to the fact, that I haven't had to work since he's still paying my salary.  It gives me time to find the right job, not the just the job that will pay the bills.  Alot of my friends and family can't believe that he is still paying me, but I'm to the point where I know I deserved it.  I don't wish him ill, but I certainly won't be keeping in touch like he hoped.  I can use CFO as a reference if I need to.  He was very upset to find out that BossMan let me go.  I think it was in good part because he had nothing to do with the decision and he hates to be left out of company matters.  Rightfully so, since his dad and him are also major investors.  

So I'm home, spending time with my god daughter and the rest of my family.  Cleaning and renovating my apartment - still cant find a got damned sofa that I like though.  Playing with Duke.  Cooking.  I still plan on heading out to California, just not as soon as I had hoped.  If I dont get on it soon, my god mother has threatened to come and get me.  Even though I've been home for 2 1/2 months, she insists that I need a break.

And hey, if any one is in the market for an overpriced, highly intelligent, self motivated, snarky, bad ass Executive/Personal Assistant, keep your girl in mind! (I see you Puffy - you know you want me.  You'll just have to take my word that I'm cute, cause I'll be damned if I submit a picture like this is some sorta internet dating service instead of a got damned job application.  What the fuck were you thinking?!?)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn right he should still be paying you. Eph him.

When I'm ab fab and wealthy, you're the first chick I'm hiring. Alongside the other bloggity buds.

PrettyBlack said...

Ain't that a bitch...Fuck him...with no vaseline! Is dumb bitch bambi still there? Of course that ho would probably work for peso's. Doesn't he know how fucked up the economy is right now?
He should be investing in a hard worker...(maybe bambi is a hard jerker haha) Anyhoo nothing ventured nothing gained...this is a turning point why not try to go out there and woo Kimora, puffy, or trump? Shit you have no kids, youth and time...Right now is your time...not trying to sound like some motivational speaker but damn you are completely untethered. You better get on the internet and play like a 16 year old blonde and have some perv buy you a plane ticket to wherever you wanna go. Haha! And walk right past his ass when you get off the plane! haha (I seen that shit on malcolm in the middle once.)

PrettyBlack said...

Is danae my seattle buddy? I miss danae...those fuckin' names get me confused but if danae is my seattle buddy Hey danae I miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Prettyblack!! I lurk dahlink! But I never can seem of anything witty to say. :( And I'd hate to ruin my rep and shizz.

I linked you on my blog, tho. I had to go and get a new one. Drama, you know. it's vassilisa.wordpress.com

PrettyBlack said...

Dammit I would kill for some drama hahahaha! e-mail me and tell me all about it!

Amazon said...

Well it probably feels a bit better to get that off your chest. And I'm sure you'll find the right job, somewhere you're supposed to be.

swag_ambassador said...

i was wondering where the stories about mr whiney boss went.. and now i know. all bad. shoot, at least your on that paid trail.. i kno most recently when i had quit my job, those 2 months seemed like 2 years.

af said...

i too was wondering about the bossman stories.
buh it was for the better, i mean being off for 2 months hasnt kinda gotten boring? u got alot of projects and shih to keep u occupied though. and u know the easiest time to get a job is when u hav one! i friggin swear it! it's like when all the cute boys start coming out of the wood work when u finally settle down w/ one. haha

i'm gonna do a post about this shih over @ kollege, thnks for the inspiration. i dun wanna get too political or snarky on here...

buh heck yeah trubs if i had a company and needed a hott lil number, i'd hire u str8t away!