3.05.2008

Idiot Box

Here's a list of random, sometimes crappy stuff that I watch on tv regularly. Now take into consideration that I have never in my life had cable, and The Muppet Show is probably one of my favorite shows of all time. Just a twinge above Sesame Street, I got a real thing for Big Bird...

  • Bones - for some reason I love this show. If you've never seen it, it comes on fox, but you can watch it online at fox.com or at hulu.com (more on hulu later) Its about a ferensic anthropologist who works with an FBI agent (Angel, you know David what's his name from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which by the by you can also watch on hulu) to solve murders. Its kinda grim but theres some humor and I like all of the characters. And its based on the life of Kathy Reichs. The anthropologist on the show - Temperance Brennan (can't remember the chicks real name and dont feel like looking it up) is insanely smart, a social misfit, and kicks ass from time to time
  • Extreme Makeover Home Edition - I really can't put my finger on why, but I really like this show. Maybe because I love real estate, or I think the idea is a noble one, but in any case it usually makes me cry or at least sniffle. The show actually got sued a while back. Because of the rehabilitation of the properties, the owners property taxes went up and they wanted the show to cover the increase.
  • I didn't watch it, but Mommy and Other Mother both watched A Raisin in the Sun and thought that Puffy must have paid someone to get that part. I don't know, maybe he financed the production. But speaking of plays, Mommy (if I'm not mistaken) is currently at the matinee preview performance of Cat on A Hot Tin Roof with James Earl Jones, Phylicia Rashad, Terrance Howard and Anika Noni Rose (you know the other woman in the Dreamgirls remake - which I never bothered to see)
  • The Pussycat Dolls Presents Girlicious - its soooo very vapid and terrible, that its enjoyable. I think there are only about 2 or 3 girls on the show that can actually sing, but then again I always thought the same thing about the Pussycat Dolls.  I'm not even going to lie and act like I didn't watch the one the had one last season too.  Very fucked up what they did to Asia after she won...
  • Girlfriends - although it hasn't been the same since the departure of Toni, its been pretty good lately. I was, however highly dissapointed with the last episode I saw in which Joan goes to visit her fiancee's public school. What a deragatory picture of a inner city school they painted! My cousin (Cousin T) has taught at one of the lowest performing schools in NYC, and while shit went down, it was never like that bullshit. Maybe I'm overreacting and shit is really that terrible out in CA. PB, did you see that episode?
  • A-Team, Fantasy Island and Air Hawk on hulu.com. Its a really great site that lets you watch episodes and clips from multiple networks as well as some shows that are no longer on the air like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You have to be invited to be a member or do like I did and sign up to be a beta tester at hulu.com. Bravo kinda squelched on the deal cause they took their content off of Itunes and claimed they were going to put it on hulu but all they have on their is clips last time I looked, no full episodes. In the clips of Project Runway, they don't even show you what the finished designs look like.
  • CSI - the original one. Actually haven't caught too many this season, but last season with the miniature killer was kick ass. Loved that it turned out to be a woman. NY and Miami versions are alright too, but they really don't compare to the original.
  • Law & Order SVU - I used to love the original but I guess Jerry Orbach was holding the whole thing together cause after his death, I really didn't enjoy it anymore. I watch the reruns whenever I'm at my sisters house (she has cable.) I used to like Homicide: Life On the Street when Munch was on it and I like him on SVU. Plus everyone else, specially Olivia and Elliot. And the new guy is fun to look at
  • World News Tonight with Charles Gibson - mainly cause he calls himself Charlie.  I find the news depressing most of the time and think alot of news anchors are phony.  Overly sad on the bad stories and frighteningly cheery on the good ones.  Charlie Gibson seems genuine to me, I appreciate his delivery and never feel like he is forcing his opinion (or someone else's) down my throat.  I tend to like the news team on ABC the best out of all the local networks, especially when they put Marvell Scott in a tight fitting t-shirt (and he's a MD!)

4 comments:

PrettyBlack said...

Girl I love bones-bones and booth need to go ahead on and make that official, because they both want each other.

I struggled through about 10 minutes (between commercials) of Raisin in the Sun and puffy was AWFUL...his ass got bad reviews on Broadway didn't he? I suppose he figured the TV crowd isn't as cultured as the Broadway crowd huh? WRONG muthafucka we is! haha!
If they had zoomed in on his ugly ass one more time in the ten minutes I watched I was going to slit my damn throat. Besides the fact that his damn tongue is too big for his mouth...HE SIMPLY CAN'T ACT! Stick to destroying peoples careers to keep yours going okay thanks.

Yes I did watch that girlfriends episode, and yes some of these kids out here are disrespectful knuckleheads...with no fuckin' manners. I've witnessed it. And yes some of the school districts still have books in them that refer to blacks as the american negro...uh huh seen it with my own eyes. Black folk in the inner city need to get off their asses and vote on these school bonds...always want to complain but don't want to take the appropriate steps to get theirs.

I love love love csi miami delko could get it! you hear me GET. IT.!

And horatio is the coolest mufucka I know (white) haha!

I don't do the news, too depressing but I do read the paper. TV shows you what it wants you to believe, reading is subjective (my opinion).

Anonymous said...

The only news I do anymore is Jon Stewart. I can't stand anyone else.

I love SVU. Forever and ever and always.

NaimaEfuru said...

yes, delko could definitely get it!

jentheobscure said...

Mmmm... Delko.

Heratio is cool?! I've always thought of him as unbelievably corny.

SVU is good, but I only watch it on USA on the weekends.