5.15.2008

Strange ting gwan

Hautechick is famous for telling me how she saw this guy and he would be just perfect for me!  She never really knows the guys, usually she sees them in the street or on the train and I always end up saying to her, "It's not like you're going to run into dude when I'm with you."  So her tactics have changed.  Recently she's been coming to me with guys names.  She and the Artist are renovating their house, so she called up some contractor tells him her name and the guys says, "Oh, you must be Omar's wife."  Actually she's not but dude has the same last name as her hubbie.  So she says to me, "That would be soooo cool if you married Omar and we had the same initials again!"  How or where I'm supposed to meet this guy, I'll never know.  Sheeet we don't even know what dude looks like.

A couple of weeks past and she says to me, "Hey remember Omar?"  like we really knew dude or some shit.  Well turns out she's was standing in line at the post office behind a guy who she thought was even more perfect for me than the possibly imaginary Omar.  And she knew his government.  Of course my snarky ass says, "Well thats nice that you know his name, but where the fuck do you suppose I'm going to meet him?!"  Weird ass sister comes back with "Google him!"  I'm starting to think that either my sister has stalker tendencies that I knew nothing about, or she really has no faith that I'll be able to find the man of my dreams.  

So, skip forward a couple of days, I'm over at Hautechicks for a visit and decide I'm gonna make a pizza for dinner and want some fresh mushrooms.  Hautechick and the Artist don't have anything to dinner so we all take a trip to Foodtown (one of the local stoopidmarkets).  The line was ridiculous, so I'm standing on line with Hautechick while the Artist (who has the longest legs of the three of us) ran around getting the rest of the stuff that we needed.  Hautechick's running her mouth and I'm only half listening when I spy with my little eye a gorgeous specimen of man candy.  Tall, thin, gorgeous locks I would luv to play in, and I can't take my eyes off of him.  I hear Hautechick gasp then she says, "Oh my Gawd, thats RN! I told you, you would like him!"  It would have been perfect, if it hadn't been for the older woman that was sure not his momma that was with him....


3 comments:

af said...

match maker make me a match!
i tell u thats hilarious, i was @ some store last nite and saw the cutest lil dude w/ locks. it's sumthin about those dudes w/ locks!

i guess he didnt hav the woman w/ him when he was at the post office. oh and the post office is the perfect place to meet men b/c all u hav to do is look over their shoulder at their package and say "oh my god, michael smith from queens! i cant believe it's u! it's been soo long" of course u dont know the man from a hole int he wall, buh it's a good way to strike up a conversation (and to get a restraining order against u!) haha!

Amazon said...

I used to have a thing for the locks, but Weezy kinda fucked it up for me. And your sister def has some stalker tendencies, DO NOT take note from her, lol.

PrettyBlack said...

When you said government I was weak! My friend who stays in the Bronx, everytime you talk to him on the phone he'll say don't use my government and for the longest we (in cali) would be like what the fuck? He said that's what they call a name in NY. Ya'll are funny!

As for sister, sounds to me like she wants you to be settled and happy, maybe because she is. I think it's sweet.

It kind of makes me sad because before my sissy got sick we used to hang out and shit and do all that fun stuff...ho-hum maybe it'll get better.