6.21.2007

It's In The Hamster's Cage!

I swear Janet Evanovich is tryin to kill me! I'm thinking about suing for defamation of character and grievous bodily harm, cause I swear that white woman constantly has me making a fool of myself on the train. If I'm not laughing my ass off, or shaking like I'm having a seizure, I'm choking because of something outrageous that she had written. Specifically I'm talking about her Stephanie Plum series, and its latest offering Lean Mean Thirteen.

There was a point in my life when I used to only read Black authors. After years of private school and getting to read maybe one minority author a year, I decided that I was going to do a catching up. That all came to a screeching halt for two reasons.

1 - My Barnes and Nobles got rid of the African-American Literature section. Now fiction is broken down into, Literature, Romance, Science Fiction, and Mystery. So no more picking books by the cover.

2 - Zane I soooo want to give this woman (?) a thesaurus, an editor and a gift certificate for a creative writing class. Not to mention break the Cap Lock key off of her keyboard. What in the dumbed down, tacky, ghetto hell?! I simply cannot understand how this woman (?) sells books.

So, I started reading stuff by the debil aka the white man (I kid, I kid!) and Janet Evanovich has restored my faith that it's not just black folk that are crazy (although Lula's seem to got crazy on lock). And I swear I want a Ranger of my own (is it wrong that a character in a book makes me hot?) But seriously I give high praise to any author that can make me feel something and I will have the child of any author who can make me laugh out loud (Janet, call me ok?)

And with that I highly recommend that you read Lean Mean Thirteen, or any of the other books in the series (One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to Get Deadly, etc)

2 comments:

Mala said...

ok, i seriously thought i was the only one. i have every single book including the offshoots visions of sugar plums and plums lovin. i'm too am ashamed of the fact that i wanna sleep with ranger. and i have rolled on the floor when grandma mazur, sweets, and lula all pulled a gun on that street punk who tried to rob them. these folks are too much.

yes lawd!

NaimaEfuru said...

Oh lawd Ranger!